Hacking xecuter tips for FAQ

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few tips for the FAQ

1) As stated "Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS." If you try to boot without it, the console will not turn on, will not show any icons, will not even light up. It appears to be hard bricked.
I'm not able to figure out how and if I can make this permanent? If possible, this would be a nice add as well.I looked all over the place and nothing out there talks about this. It can be done if you don't buy the dongle, so I'd guess dongle users can do it to. Currently you must attach the dongle to turn on the unit. If there is a way to do this, i'd suggest adding that to the FAQ as well.

2) If you need to register a new license because you have a dongle you used on an old switch you need to do this by buying a new license. using the dongle license-request will not work a second time. You MUST go in to demo mode to activate it as there is no way to edit the existing (free one that comes with the sx pro) license-request.dat. This was not clear on any forums or xecuter docs. They talk about it but tell you to use a quick start guide that is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by ulao,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking from experience here. Dont even mention hard brick. It doesnt matter the context. You will be flooded with question from people who just saw "blah blah blah HARD BRICK blah blah blah"

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's fine but it's missing from the FAQ. And when asked ,practically no one knew. Also searching google was of little help. Anyways, I'm only trying to help.

Though since this is all known as you say, there what is the answer to the question with no answer. "I'm not able to figure out how and if I can make this permanent?"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Speaking from experience here. Dont even mention hard brick. It doesnt matter the context. You will be flooded with question from people who just saw "blah blah blah HARD BRICK blah blah blah"
LOL you just mentioned it? So if I edit it, it's pointless.

Last edited by ulao,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways from reading and learning what I have so far, this is how I understand it.

The install option from the pro just puts a directive in the FW to load from the dongle. So without the dongle it will not boot. If we uninstall the option then it will boot normal but there is no SX OS. A permanent option would require using adb or some type of tool. There is no way to do that with the dongle alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat