Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do all games work so far?
I expect Nintendo will add some kind of new protection for newer games, so that new games won't load with SX OS, but we will see.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

leo-balaskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Noob Question here - but could not find informations.

If I want to from SX OS (with AutoRCM) to Original OS and then back to SX OS -> do i need to redo the Jig VOL POWER Combination?

Asking because i want to Update the Switch Firmware (for exFAT) Support. I am not sure - is there a difference where to make the System Switch Update?
SX OS vs Original OS?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Noob Question here - but could not find informations.

If I want to from SX OS (with AutoRCM) to Original OS and then back to SX OS -> do i need to redo the Jig VOL POWER Combination?

Asking because i want to Update the Switch Firmware (for exFAT) Support. I am not sure - is there a difference where to make the System Switch Update?
SX OS vs Original OS?
Yes, you need to turn off your console and while powering on you need to redo the combination which you mentioned to launch the SX OS boot menu. It doesn't matter where you update the system firmware. Since you need to be online for that I hope you know that there's the risk that Nintendo realizes that you have modified your system.

leo-balaskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just did the Update - with Stock OS. All good.

But AutoRCM was not working anymore- needed the Jig Method to go back to OS Menu.
Anybody know if the full jig Method is needed after booting back to stock even if AutoRCM was previously enabled?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

But AutoRCM was not working anymore- needed the Jig Method to go back to OS Menu.
Anybody know if the full jig Method is needed after booting back to stock even if AutoRCM was previously enabled?
You need to install AutoRCM again if you have updated your system firmware.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Updating your firmware removes AutoRCM because it repairs the BCT (AutoRCM corrupts your BCT which forces your console into RCM).

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
i have noob question
i have just buy SX OS and i'm on fw 1.0.0 how can i use it?
go on new fw? or stay on fw 1.x? there is a tutorial for this FW 1.x?
thanks
ps sorry for bad english

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hi
i have noob question
thanks
ps sorry for bad english
There is a manual on the official SX OS website: https://sx.xecuter.com/download/SXOS-manual_v1.pdf
In the end you have to decide whether you update the firmware of your console or not. Firmware 1.0.0 has the most vulnerabilities and therefore it's recommended to stick to it. However, if you want to play the newest games with SX OS, I'll guess it's the best to update.

Reactions: salvatore

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I guess there is no possible way to load DLC with SX OS right now?! I would like to get my zelda botw save from wii u and play it on switch without re-purchasing the whole DLC there.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What if you lose your license.dat? Could you generate another one with your activation code?
If you still have the license key from the email, you can just upload the license_request.dat on the activation website again and enter the license key. The license.dat file is the same, so it‘s still tied to the corresponding console. However, it’s the best to make a backup of the license.dat file and save it on an external device to minimize the risk of a loss.

Reactions: RedHunter

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did we ever get an answer on whether we need a cart in the console to launch backups with this OS?

you do not, in fact when i tried to load a backup with a cart in it told me to remove it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see as long as we do not connect to eshop it is safe to update?

there are mixed reviews on this but, no, it isnt really safe to update period.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so I guess there is no possible way to load DLC with SX OS right now?! I would like to get my zelda botw save from wii u and play it on switch without re-purchasing the whole DLC there.

there is not, hopefully in the near future but i dont hold your breath.

Rai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
i have noob question
thanks
ps sorry for bad english

Firmware 1 is rare and therefore quite valuable. There are probably people (such as developers) who will pay more for it, I would suggest you sell your console and buy a new one. This way, you would make a profit and get a brand new Switch, and your firmware 1 Switch won't have been wastefully updated. Everybody wins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...