Hacking Xecuter OS Cracking Challange Accepted by ....

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 22,587
  • Replies 124
  • Likes 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
I completely understand the part of piracy not being morally "good", that's not a question in my head. The thing that bothers me is that you're saying piracy is equatable to theft, when it's much lesser of a crime.
Only thing I can say is put yourself in someone else's shoes for once.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....how is you getting something without paying for it not them losing money...? I like piracy, I do it all the time. Just saying, its still taking money from the original creator

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to add, im not saying piracy is wrong, I do it all the time for games and movies. If you get an item for free instead of buying it, is that not stealing?

Sorry, got a bit heated. Of course it stealing. However, game developers sometimes welcome privacy because it allows people who do not have money in order to get a game, and then rave about it to others. Who may not like piracy and just buy the game legit. That's one form I believe, but it promotes sales, even if one person did get the game for free, in the end, the developers will still make a lot of sales. Not once a game has stole poorly due to bad pirating. Hell, I even pirated Undertale and I bought the game after playing it for free because I enjoyed the game that much.

trOublie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Welp, this forum went to crap.....
Go check the top threads on switch hacking, they're all like this one. The only page worth reading, most of the times, is the first one. For each new page there are at least 5 different people fighting/discussing over nothing.

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys its not about piracy as you think it is, Nintendo and sony both are into allowing piracy on their consoles and hackers were working for them all time, Nintendo switch got hacked as if nintendo wasnt aware of the exploit and sony? Ps4 was unhackable since release and all of sudden when switch is hacked ps4 gets hacked too? its all sony and nintendo with their team of hackers releasing exploits.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hahaha,i read the most ridiculous things here about piracy where youre on a site where you have tut to install cfw to wii-wiiu-3ds ect...,but now you have to pay for a device to play pirated games while on a cfw its free.
Many people install those cfw,and for what use???,to read a newspaper on it??
And then some people call it stealing,then just don't come to this site,and don't install cfw for any device,cause if you buy every game you want,you don't need cfw.
Homebrew you get also on pc-emulators ect..,and even those games aka snes-megadrive ect.. are selling this days on eshop ect...
Its all about team xecuter makes money out of it,it has nothing to do with piracy,on 3ds you can play pirated games with luma 3ds,only the cfw is free,but nobody cry about the hunderds of games they have pirated.
I collect games and retro systems,and have many of them.
The only fault team x makes is its releases it now,do it on the eol.

Last edited by fille,
D

Deleted User

OP
This is kinda dumb. Nobody in this screenshot accepted anything
Just another thread trying to start drama in the scene...

The switch scene is so childish its ridiculous..
And this is coming from someone who started out on the 360 side of things. It's only a matter of time before DOXs become a daily occurrence

Reactions: ShroomKing
D

Deleted-351540

OP
Based on that argument you should throw a tantrum over second-hand sales too.
Honestly, I throw a bigger tantrum over second hand game sales than I do piracy.

You pirate a game, the developer is out nothing. Honestly, some of the games I've "stole" have been such awesome games that I do end up buying the game to support the developers. I'll also sing it to the heavens for anyone and everyone to buy that game.

But fuckers like GameStop irk me. They pay a pittance for used games, mark them up a thousand percent over what they purchased it for, do literally NOTHING but stock it on a shelf, and pocket the profit. To me, that is worse than piracy. Now, if they would send even a small percentage to the people that made the game it wouldn't be as shitty. But they don't. They literally pocket the profit and spit on the developers.

Fuck resellers. All up in their rectum. With a nail studded dildo.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly, I throw a bigger tantrum over second hand game sales than I do piracy.

You pirate a game, the developer is out nothing. Honestly, some of the games I've "stole" have been such awesome games that I do end up buying the game to support the developers. I'll also sing it to the heavens for anyone and everyone to buy that game.

But fuckers like GameStop irk me. They pay a pittance for used games, mark them up a thousand percent over what they purchased it for, do literally NOTHING but stock it on a shelf, and pocket the profit. To me, that is worse than piracy. Now, if they would send even a small percentage to the people that made the game it wouldn't be as shitty. But they don't. They literally pocket the profit and spit on the developers.

Fuck resellers. All up in their rectum. With a nail studded dildo.

They have to pay employees , taxes , electricity and so on, so no point in your statement

Reactions: Centergaming

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha,i read the most ridiculous things here about piracy where youre on a site where you have tut to install cfw to wii-wiiu-3ds ect...,but now you have to pay for a device to play pirated games while on a cfw its free.
Many people install those cfw,and for what use???,to read a newspaper on it??
And then some people call it stealing,then just don't come to this site,and don't install cfw for any device,cause if you buy every game you want,you don't need cfw.
Homebrew you get also on pc-emulators ect..,and even those games aka snes-megadrive ect.. are selling this days on eshop ect...
Its all about team xecuter makes money out of it,it has nothing to do with piracy,on 3ds you can play pirated games with luma 3ds,only the cfw is free,but nobody cry about the hunderds of games they have pirated.
I collect games and retro systems,and have many of them.
The only fault team x makes is its releases it now,do it on the eol.

They are people that at least have a job which is supplying the community with modchips/hacks. They need money to survive...

Last edited by Centergaming,
D

Deleted-351540

OP
They have to pay employees , taxes , electricity and so on, so no point in your statement
No. We have resellers here in my city that literally have employees, a storefront, taxes, electricity and other bills to pay that don't do what GameStop does.

For example: I can walk into my local reseller and browse for a game, look at the price, and then compare that to GameStops price. It's marked almost 60% lower than what GameStop sells it for. Literally.

I guess my arguemets could have boiled down to "Fuck GameStop" and not have been generalized into all resellers. Not all of them are out for maximum profit. Some of them genuinely want to just get games to people that can't afford to pay full price.

I apologise for that. Honestly.

Edit: Is there a thread we can discuss this in instead of clogging up EVERY thread with piracy discussion? Maybe at EOF?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-351540

OP
Or just buy games used on eBay or Amazon and not through Gamestop.
Generally, I do purchase my games on eBay. My problem with eBay is that I cannot look at the thing I'm buying and taking a seller at face value on condition. I don't like it. But I prefer it to GameStop.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Generally, I do purchase my games on eBay. My problem with eBay is that I cannot look at the thing I'm buying and taking a seller at face value on condition. I don't like it. But I prefer it to GameStop.

So you only option to not use gamestop is bestbuy just kidding , anyway let's see who bricks their switch aka gateway mode anti piracy of piracy protection

D

Deleted-351540

OP
So you only option to not use gamestop is bestbuy just kidding , anyway let's see who bricks their switch aka gateway mode anti piracy of piracy protection
Nah. Like I said, there's a mom and pop store all the way across town that specializes in retro video games and consoles. When I can, I buy from them because their prices are usually fairly good. I don't get over that way very often though. Being a cripple in a wheelchair, sometimes it's difficult for me to go to physical stores. So I buy online.

Reactions: Nezztor

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So just because a team sells a DRM key that means these guys have every right to steal their work and RE it? sounds like some devs are just salty.
Dude! They are selling a software used to steal other softwares. I mean, I already bought their stuff in the past (xecuter modchip for Xbox) and if anyone want to encourage them by buying their OS that's great. But no one can whine when this gets cracked and released for free. It's called getting a taste of your own medicine.

Reactions: Centergaming

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude! They are selling a software used to steal other softwares. I mean, I already bought their stuff in the past (xecuter modchip for Xbox) and if anyone want to encourage them by buying their OS that's great. But no one can whine when this gets cracked and released for free. It's called getting a taste of your own medicine.
That, and well you know, Reverse Engineering kinda implies learning how something works without the source to make it yourself. Generally that's how you get a public SDK and homebrew for a closed system to begin with.

Like, just because I know a few webkit exploits that work on the Switch's browser version, that doesn't mean I can do anything useful to the Switch itself without some extra information.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY