Hacking Xecuter CK3 Pro Xbox what is that PCB with SATA connection

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Since I want to flash my xBox 360 drive with LT3+ firmware I'm looking for tools to do it safelly.

I have found one Xecuter CK3 Pro that was used for one time and not anymore, I can get it for around 12$.

Because this is all very new to me I was undering what is the PCB marked with red on the attached image and what is used for?

6_zpsls957kns.jpg

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Since I want to flash my xBox 360 drive with LT3+ firmware I'm looking for tools to do it safelly.

I have found one Xecuter CK3 Pro that was used for one time and not anymore, I can get it for around 12$.

Because this is all very new to me I was undering what is the PCB marked with red on the attached image and what is used for?

6_zpsls957kns.jpg
That's for connecting your 360 drive to your PC via USB. The molex connector (white plug) is to power the disc drive and the SATA connector is to connect to the 360 drive for dumping firmware/gettinf your drivekey, and flashing LT Plus to it., then you just run a usb cable to yiur pc and your good.

The probe should ultimatelt be wired to GND but I use a homemade probe and wire it to the metal chassis of the 360. Im not familiar with the commercial probes so i couldnt tell you exactlt where it plugs in.

When using the probe, the drive will be live (powered on) so make sure to isolate everythibg around thevpoint you're probing with some electrical tape to avoid unintentional shorts (you can cook your drive, its happened to me once). Make surebto read up on flashing you particular drive A LOT before trying it. For a first timer it can seem pretty daunting, but after the first or 2nd success, you'll be a pro ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill