Hacking Xecuter and FW Update Question

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Waiting for a release is gonna be torture.
With DNS stuff blocked, I pretty much cant do anything online. I dunno why. It works for my Wii U and 3DS. I can online fine, but not with the switch, I get errors.
The Switch from my experience so far also has horrid wifi. I can't connect to the router unless I'm within like, 20 inches of it. So I can't be in my room while doing stuff even if I could use the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get wifi to work while using the DNS thingy, as well as how to get a stronger signal without tinkering with my router?
If possible, get a LAN cable and a USB 3.0 to LAN adaptor (anything will do, don't get the HORI overpriced one), then wire it all the way from your router to the the dock. Wired connection are better and more stable for the Switch.
As for the DNS, don't bother using it, since it kinda like turning on airplane mode, you can't do anything online, and more hassle. If you want to do anything online, get rid of the update block DNS and be careful when doing anything on the Switch (like not mashing the A button to run a game).

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some people are saying they're never going to release their chip, but it is TX after all, they're not known for backing out.
Wait for CFW for now, you might not have very long to wait. TX' chip could still be a ways away and still requires opening your Switch and voiding the warranty.
its not hard to open the switch really you only have to take the back and metal cover off to get access to the nand.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In many countries like mine ( Argentina ) you have not warranty at all , So you can do pretty much what you want,
also how many years of warranty does the switch have ? its the same all over ther world or it vary from country to country

D

Deleted-355425

In many countries like mine ( Argentina ) you have not warranty at all , So you can do pretty much what you want,
also how many years of warranty does the switch have ? its the same all over ther world or it vary from country to country

Depends on country, UK has 1 year but some stores offer 2 as standard.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this is the latest news from Xecuter if you ask if this is save it was confirmed by some Reswitched Folks

Not sure if you heard this but team xecuter posted about what's going on with their mod chip, said they have prototypes and are refining them now, basically I think by what has been said they're glitching in

If that's the case, that could prove troublesome for the 214 SoC

As it stands now we will never be able to look at the TZ implementation in the new hardware revision

But we can still dump and look at the rest of the firmware

That's what all the devs are doing now, why everyone is so quiet lol
Still voids your warranty though.
Besides, we don't know where their chip will connect to, it's probably not the NAND.
Nintendo will update your system anyways if you send it in for repair better take care of your system because if some thing frys you will have to buy another mother board. switch has a modal design so its not that hard to replace parts. Its cool to learn how to fix it yourself. People will sell parts from broken switches such if a switch is bricked most of the parts are good except the mother board. This is what people do with older systems since Nintendo no longer repairs them. Also warranty only covers defects with the system so if you break it by dropping it Nintendo makes you pay anyways. defects are unlikey to happen i've never had a defect with a Nintendo system before.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo will update your system anyways if you send it in for repair better take care of your system because if some thing frys you will have to buy another mother board. switch has a modal design so its not that hard to replace parts. Its cool to learn how to fix it yourself. People will sell parts from broken switches such if a switch is bricked most of the parts are good except the mother board. This is what people do with older systems since Nintendo no longer repairs them. Also warranty only covers defects with the system so if you break it by dropping it Nintendo makes you pay anyways. defects are unlikey to happen i've never had a defect with a Nintendo system before.
They won't fix it for free though.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
........defects are unlikey to happen i've never had a defect with a Nintendo system before.
Well I'm tired of seeing defective Switches and I don't think it's unlikely...

Ppl keep reporting dead switches, buzzing ones, ballooning ones, screens cover bending and a huge amount of other problems...

My friend also bought one and on the 2nd day it started making a high pitch buzz very loud and he barely used it, he bought Zelda for 70eur and ended up returning the console to the store and brought a PSVR instead lol

Now he has no switch to play the 70eur bought Zelda on eshop lololol :rofl2:

Reactions: matias3ds

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still voids your warranty though.
Besides, we don't know where their chip will connect to, it's probably not the NAND.
If you don’t make it obvious that you opened it, like stripped screws, missing screws, different colored/type screws, Nintendo would never know

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep i don't think nintendo put a seal on it.
They did not. Not a smart move on their end. I mean, say you open it to add better thermal paste, then they will notice you opened it. so unless they have some kind of invisible seal, you should be able to get away with opening it as long as you don't mess anything up.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well, like if a seal ever stop anyone from opening a console and lose warranty...

On my Xbox360 the 1st or 2nd day I opened it and removed the seal with a hairdryer and was 100% intact...

And even if they use breakable seals on the screws it self, you can clean it and buy a thread lock of the same colour and next time someone open it will be like brand new. I have various thicknesses and strenghts of thread lock for my RC cars which kept loosing parts without it because of huge vibration.

Also most consoles have warranty seals for sale like on eBay, at least they used to sell the x360 ones.

Last edited by guily6669,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They did not. Not a smart move on their end. I mean, say you open it to add better thermal paste, then they will notice you opened it. so unless they have some kind of invisible seal, you should be able to get away with opening it as long as you don't mess anything up.
The solderless modchip can't be that hard to install.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
If possible, get a LAN cable and a USB 3.0 to LAN adaptor (anything will do, don't get the HORI overpriced one), then wire it all the way from your router to the the dock. Wired connection are better and more stable for the Switch.
As for the DNS, don't bother using it, since it kinda like turning on airplane mode, you can't do anything online, and more hassle. If you want to do anything online, get rid of the update block DNS and be careful when doing anything on the Switch (like not mashing the A button to run a game).
So you are saying that one can connect and be online without blocking DNS and still be on 4.1? I don't understand. If I don´t block the DNS, the console will update to 5.0, isn´t?

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So you are saying that one can connect and be online without blocking DNS and still be on 4.1? I don't understand. If I don´t block the DNS, the console will update to 5.0, isn´t?
Like I said, blocking the DNS is like turning on airplane mode, the console cannot go online, so instead of changing the DNS, turning on airplane mode and enabling Bluetooth (and NFC) will do, and more simple. If you don't block the DNS, the console will NOT update to 5.0 unless you allow it to, the only thing it will do is auto download the update and nag you everytimes you trying to do something there. If you don't want to update and still want to be online, all you have to do is not blocking DNS, not turning on airplane mode, and not mashing the A button when trying to run a game.
All that would work until yesterday though, since Nintendo has blocked online access on FW 4.1.0.

D

Deleted-355425

why can't they relase exploits on all firmwares except 5.00 at the same time as they have been patche and theres no point in delaying the exploits.

Sometimes patched exploits have entry points that could lead to future exploits that have not been patched yet and releasing the working exploit would uncover this and Nintendo would just close it all up. Somtimes these teams need to keep the entry points open to explore future firmware's and make it easier to find a working exploit through them.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc