Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

NekoFan247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this let me finish Rise of the Blood Lobster? The Cathedral bell and Division Drive lobsters won't spawn.

EDIT: Turns out I got the Cathedral bell lobster and just forgot, and simply missed the East Gate lobster. After I picked it up, the Division Drive lobster spawned just fine. Go figure.

Last edited by NekoFan247,

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Will this let me finish Rise of the Blood Lobster? The cathedral bell and division drive lobsters won't spawn.

It will. But any lobster not collected will still stay on the map. Dunno what happens if you collect them again after seeing the cutscenes.

Also, if anyone does this from the start, best to first insert 49 as that shows a cutscene and then entering the full 100 as value.

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any chance that this will work with Mii Maker loadiine sometime?
Right now the only thing standing between me and my Ares 90 is the item that cannot be obtained through enemies drop (Golden Yggralith Heart), which can only be bought by reward tickets (what a bad move Monolith Soft :teach:)
And the saddest part is that I only was sure of this after farming all of the other materials and becoming strong enough to defeat Pharsis, The Everqueen and discover that it does not drop the item lol

Reactions: NekoFan247

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there any chance that this will work with Mii Maker loadiine sometime?
Right now the only thing standing between me and my Ares 90 is the item that cannot be obtained through enemies drop (Golden Yggralith Heart), which can only be bought by reward tickets (what a bad move Monolith Soft :teach:)
And the saddest part is that I only was sure of this after farming all of the other materials and becoming strong enough to defeat Pharsis, The Everqueen and discover that it does not drop the item lol

Considering reward tickets only get you monster drop items, I'd say just keep grinding. :P

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Considering reward tickets only get you monster drop items, I'd say just keep grinding. :P

Initially this was what I thought, but after defeating her something like 15 times I searched for her at my Enemy Intel list and her drop list was complete. She only drop three items and the heart is not one of them.
The only possibility I see here is that perhaps it drops from some other enemy.

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Initially this was what I thought, but after defeating her something like 15 times I searched for her at my Enemy Intel list and her drop list was complete. She only drop three items and the heart is not one of them.
The only possibility I see here is that perhaps it drops from some other enemy.

Well this is what short google search informed me:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72983907

Otherwise I guess you'll just have to grind reward tickets with your retail disc or the eshop version. ;)

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well this is what short google search informed me:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72983907

Otherwise I guess you'll just have to grind reward tickets with your retail disc or the eshop version. ;)

I know that, I saw that thread. But this is what my game informs me:
5b6wJPG.jpg
And no, I don't think I just haven't dropped it yet because this is what the game shows when there is still something to drop about the enemy:
Uj1Plgx.jpg

But thanks for the help anyway. Guess I'll just wait till I have the money to buy the game.

Last edited by Nym5,

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so it wont work with loadinev4+pygecko ?

It works fine, I tested it when I was testing that version of loadiine for compatibility and glitches.

Codes seem to have a -20480 offset for Loadiine v4 + pyGecko. I tested these with the Mii Maker mode. Here's an adjusted version of XCXGecko.

Nevertheless, if you have the option, I would recommend using the old Loadiine v3 payload + pyGecko payload, rather than the newly released Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combo payload. Within 2 minutes of testing, my game background audio stopped working, and pyGecko also locked the socket port randomly.

NekoFan247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now the only thing standing between me and my Ares 90 is the item that cannot be obtained through enemies drop (Golden Yggralith Heart), which can only be bought by reward ticket:teach:
Ironically, ticket grinding becomes a LOT easier AFTER you dev the Ares 90. I made mine just a few days ago after weeks of grinding. Now I could probably dev another in about three days if I wanted to. I just equip all its weapons with the appropriate Negate Reflect augments, engage Telethia Plume, and bust all of its appendages (in the first five minutes, no less). After that, just blow away its RP with Agashura Cannon, flank it with Agni Gatling, hit it in the face with Vajra Flail, and chip away at it with Avatara Missile. Take All, Nemesis Battle Spoils, profit. At this point, I'm mostly grinding to dev five Negate Spike augments. The only reason that's taking so long is because I keep getting sidetracked (damn you ADHD!).

Reactions: Nym5

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try to save, quit the game and then reload your savegame to check if it is correct ?
Because that was my problem... the saves didn't seem to be written on my SD card.

I tested the offset on Funds, Miranium, Reward Tickets, and protagonist height. All worked correctly with the code offset when using Loadiine (v4 + pyGecko) payload. I also confirmed that the game saves correctly, and loads correctly (even after rebooting the Wii U).

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Codes seem to have a -20480 offset for Loadiine v4 + pyGecko. I tested these with the Mii Maker mode. Here's an adjusted version of XCXGecko.

Nevertheless, if you have the option, I would recommend using the old Loadiine v3 payload + pyGecko payload, rather than the newly released Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combo payload. Within 2 minutes of testing, my game background audio stopped working, and pyGecko also locked the socket port randomly.

I've seen some randomness with it too, so I'll probably start poking at it again. I'm just about done autopatching eshop access so, i'll take a look at this again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there anything can prevent pyGecko and xcxgecko read the code correctly ? ,like firewall , port , etc. ?
They can block access but if gecko can talk to the application, it can read the code just fine. There are substantial differences between the different versions of loadiine because of they the rpx gets mapped into memory. In V4, the xml is parsed correctly and the loader loads the app appropriately to the game itself, even if the title id is mii maker or smashbros..those meta.xmls are controlled by the home menu and locked from loadiine. In V3, the game is mapped into the same space as Mii Maker or SSB but as if they were Mii Maker or SSB. In V2 and V1, they just overwrite the rpx and rpl files of SSB....each of the different versions change the offsets. Although if you know the difference between one offset you can do the math because all the codes will be offset by the same amount.

Reactions: g.a.u

NekoFan247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you working on any codes for consumables? They would definitely be a godsend. I'm staying on 5.5.0 so I can use Hykem's exploit for your program (once it's compatible, anyway), but this also means I won't be able to play online for a while, which means no division rewards.

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Are you working on any codes for consumables? They would definitely be a godsend. I'm staying on 5.5.0 so I can use Hykem's exploit for your program (once it's compatible, anyway), but this also means I won't be able to play online for a while, which means no division rewards.

Funny. I finished the game without using a single consumable since I didn't even realize they existed. :D

Reactions: NekoFan247

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm assuming that you are talking about the things you get for participating in Online mode (e.g. salvage tickets). Unfortunately my Wii U is on 5.3.2, so I can't go online (yes I'm aware of the FW spoof, but I refuse to do so since it's non-reversible). If you or anyone can provide me with a Loadiine save with these items, then I can look into their memory addresses; I also welcome others to submit codes.

g.a.u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They can block access but if gecko can talk to the application, it can read the code just fine. There are substantial differences between the different versions of loadiine because of they the rpx gets mapped into memory. In V4, the xml is parsed correctly and the loader loads the app appropriately to the game itself, even if the title id is mii maker or smashbros..those meta.xmls are controlled by the home menu and locked from loadiine. In V3, the game is mapped into the same space as Mii Maker or SSB but as if they were Mii Maker or SSB. In V2 and V1, they just overwrite the rpx and rpl files of SSB....each of the different versions change the offsets. Although if you know the difference between one offset you can do the math because all the codes will be offset by the same amount.

what about firmware version (5.3.2 but different build ?) ? , hardware (ram ?) ?
it wont work for me means it cant read and poke the true address , always
My friend also met similar problems when we both use the same mario party to update to 5.3.2

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
what about firmware version (5.3.2 but different build ?) ? , hardware (ram ?) ?
it wont work for me means it cant read and poke the true address , always
My friend also met similar problems when we both use the same mario party to update to 5.3.2

Well, have you tried multiple games? While I was working through this, I found that it was working with some games and not others. Captain Toad was the benchmark for getting it to work...Bayonnetta 2 was the bench mark for full access. I found those two games required the least and most stuff needed to work as far as patching and access from what I have.

Last edited by Onion_Knight,

NekoFan247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny. I finished the game without using a single consumable since I didn't even realize they existed. :D
I still haven't used the ones I have. I'm just paranoid.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm assuming that you are talking about the things you get for participating in Online mode (e.g. salvage tickets). Unfortunately my Wii U is on 5.3.2, so I can't go online (yes I'm aware of the FW spoof, but I refuse to do so since it's non-reversible). If you or anyone can provide me with a Loadiine save with these items, then I can look into their memory addresses; I also welcome others to submit codes.
As far as FW spoofing is concerned, we'll just have to make do until Hykem finishes working out the kinks on his IOSU exploit. After that, it's only a matter of time until either a toggled spoof (if it's even possible; fingers crossed) or EmuNAND is released. It's also around that time that I'll be able to provide a save (I've got 20+ Salvage Tickets; again, paranoid).

Also, I don't have any programming experience, hence why I might sound like I'm talking out my ass in some regards. I just like to research the various tools so I know what all is at my disposal. CFWs, FW spoofing, kernel exploits vs. userland exploits, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: No make a patty cake :blink: