Gaming Xbox360 Media Sharing

Senbonzaku101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already posted at xbox.com, but I'd like to ask you all if you can help with this problem or point me to another forum that can help me.

My xbox360 just came today, and I can't get it for the life of me to recognize my computer. It connects to Xbox Live fine, but doesn't want to Media Share.

My PC is running :
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

My gateway is:
2 Wire
Model 2701HG-B

Xbox and PC are both connected to Ethernet ports and are recognized by my gateway. I am running McAfee Security Center and have set the network to trusted and added my Xbox as a "Friend" within that trusted network. I also went to the personal firewall settings and attempted to add the ports displayed in the suggestion on the xbox suggestion dialogue.

I'm using Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5154 and enabled Media Sharing by checking the "Share to" check box and allowing the detected Xbox360. All ratings, etc. are allowed by Windows Media Player 11.

The problem comes when trying to test the connection to my PC, it seems to correctly connect to the network, but my PC is not listed.

Edit:

I've now set my router and McAfee Security Center's firewalls to allow TCP on ports 2869 and 10243, as well as UDP on ports 10280-10284, 1900. I've also set my router to allow UDP on ports 2869 and 10243, as well as TCP on ports 10280-10284, 1900. I've also set the already active services SSDP Discovery Service, Universal Plug and Play Device Host service, Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service to Automatic. Still no luck.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had off and on luck with windows media extender. If you're insist on using the program try turning off your computer, the xbox, and the router then back on in the opposite order (silly I know).
If you simply want to stream media from your PC to your Xbox try looking at a media server like TVersity. Not only can you organize the folder architecture to your liking but the program will also transcode any media to an acceptable format for the Xbox to use.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I found the simplest way of sharing media to the 360 with XP was to install TVersity (like Zoidberg said!). There was no fiddling, I just installed it and set the folders then booted the 360 and it was sorted.

Senbonzaku101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input, I installed it about an hour after I posted, and it works like a charm. I'll always wonder why WMP11 didn't work though..Thanks anyways!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senbonzaku101 said:
Thanks for the input, I installed it about an hour after I posted, and it works like a charm. I'll always wonder why WMP11 didn't work though..Thanks anyways!

I play my media through media player, the problem i had was my antivirus-firwall, as soon as i disable it the 360 is recognized in WMP11 and everything works like a charm... yet Tversity is much muhc much better, just stick with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc