Xbox USB cable

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 2,269
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted-171178

OP
I made myself an Xbox USB cable from a 3rd party controller cable and female USB cable, and connected the wires as normal, except instead of a black cable I had a dark blue, so I connected them and left the yellow, as per instructions.
Now if I connect a controller to it using the same method except using a male USB cable and the actual controller, it works as usual, but when using any other things such as USB sticks or mouses they do not power on.
I thought this was odd and tried connecting my Datel Memory Unit through the PC cable and the LED lights up, but is not detected.
All the USB sticks are at least 1GB.
Is this my cable or are my USB devices too big/incompatible?

D

Deleted-171178

OP
Bump, and when I connect my controller to my PC it keeps saying "USB Device not recognised" and XBCD does not detect it.
I have taped all the cables so they arent touching, removing any chance of a short.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might this cheap cable be from QD?
If the colours are different it is time to pin it out instead (the reason I mention QD is they vary only one colour but change the arrangement of pins that wires are connected to and are a common source of "sacrifice" cables among those in this game).
USB cable schematics:
http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

On the other hand your USB devices might just be of the incompatible variety (I have about as many USB drives around here as you might expect and most of them do not work).

D

Deleted-171178

OP
It is actually a Game Expert controller, but I am debating about the pinout now, as neither USB on the Xbox or USB on the PC works through it...

heres an image I took:
dsfareg.png

Edit: looking at images, my green and white might be the "wrong" way.

D

Deleted-171178

OP
Thamks, I might just cave in and buy a USB cable as this is looking to be too much hassle for something I can buy for £5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool