Xbox still works fine, but dashboard won't boot/hangs at green X

Katori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Spent a few hours last night softmodding my Xbox with the hotswap method. A lot of the materials were out of date, so I had to piece a few things together, but it was pretty simple. The ndure installer (I used the latest, with the correct kernel version) was saying that the space was full, so I used option 2 - replace C drive with ndure. Of course, I backed up my C drive beforehand.

But now, the Xbox won't go to the dashboard. It won't reach the dashboard or anything similar (I've heard it might be supposed to go something called unleashX? not sure), it just hangs as the green splash screen with the "X." It still boots retail games just fine and still has all the data (savegames) on the hard drive (woot), so I must be doing something right.

Is there any way that I can get it back? Perhaps use ndure to restore my C drive then delete files from the drive using the dashboard and re-install using method 1 (instead of 2)?

ANY help provided would be amazing, this seems to be the last bastion for Xbox modding support. Even if you can just help me get back to the stock dashboard it would be a start.

Thanks so much for reading.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Install a modchip.
Only way to restore your old xbox at this moment.

When you installed it, load up Slayers Evox installer and install a fresh C:

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Your hard drive might not get unlocked in the boot process. I don't even really see how that could happen, but as DinoScene said you would need to install a mod chip or get a new xbox. If you're no good at installing them places like good will or value village have them for dirt cheap, got mine for 7 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...