Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
so you dont recomend 20 gigs? cause thats the one i was aiming for.
I do not recommend 20GB. You definitely want at least 60GB, but in your case I would go with 250GB considering it's only slightly more expensive than the 60GB you found on eBay.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a drive that is compatible with HDDhackr, you can get the 250GB new for under $50. I also suggest installing your games to the HDD as it also saves on the DVD laser and motors.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
but why shouldnt i get the 20 gig one its better than the 4 i have right now. so if im right every one recomends me to get the 250 one

Because it's only about 4 times bigger and you are "a hard core gamer" and "love downloading crap on the market."

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yep. +1 with hundshamer and wtfisausername. I rip out my 250 'compatible' hd from my HP lappy and HDDhackr'd it (done within 5 minutes). Order hd casing from DX for $9.90. Now I have 250GB hd on my jasper arcade(256mb) for cheap! You should go for 250GB...

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to add to the conversation, you won't have 20GB of available storage space on the 20GB hdd. you'll have about 13GB free after the way that the hdd is formatted as well as the required files that microsoft loads onto the hdd as well.

as to why you won't load your purchased games onto the hdd, I can't understand the logic behind that (especially if you have the space).
1) it cuts down load times (and its much quieter even with the newer system and new hdd's than listening to the hdd spin up with all of the reads
and 2) it's easier on the optical drives laser since you aren't reading from the dvd's all of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol