Hardware Xbox 360 Prototype Controller “Krypton”

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought this controller at a flea market for 3 dollars. The Xbox button is completely white, so at first I thought it must be a fake. Looking at the back it says Xbox360 controller Krypton, so I looked that up and it turns out those are prototype controllers. I found one on eBay in very good condition that got sold for 115 dollars. Mine is noticeably yellowed, the joysticks feel weird, like there's dirt underneath preventing them from moving properly and the RB button is unresponsive, so it's probably not worth much. I'm gonna open it up and clean it to see if I can fix those issues. Even if I don't get the RB button working it was well worth the price, I'm just curious if they're rare.
20210513_134914.jpg
20210513_134930.jpg

Last edited by tmnr1992,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 360 controller is one of the most ergonomic controllers for me, but the dpad is just plain terrible. even the adjustable dpad version sucks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that is a good find though. I'd buy that if I had the chance.

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 360 controller is one of the most ergonomic controllers for me, but the dpad is just plain terrible. even the adjustable dpad version sucks.

Yeah, they're really great and don't slip from your hand as easily as the PS4 ones. I'm gonna clean this one and see if I can get every button working.

Reactions: godreborn

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they're really great and don't slip from your hand as easily as the PS4 ones. I'm gonna clean this one and see if I can get every button working.
Do you commonly have issues with controllers slipping out of your hands? I mean I can see if we were talking about a Wiimote or something.

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you commonly have issues with controllers slipping out of your hands? I mean I can see if we were talking about a Wiimote or something.

I've dropped the controller a couple times when my hands get sweaty and I hold it with one hand. Maybe I'm just careless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up