Gaming Xbox 360 hacked firmware upgrade

Evil-XYZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hitachi drive works fine here, problem is that its not secure to play backup games on xbox live with. i can download demos from xbox live, no problem. But i dont care because all i got is xbox live silver
smile.gif

i flashed a samsung drive yesterday with ixtreme 1.2 using vt6421l it worked perfect, it was a refurbished 360 and it had the new cooling system in place, but the dvd drive was an old ms25 drive, so very easy to flash
biggrin.gif

The newest 360 have the hitachi 79 or benq drives, these are not flashable yet by normal people
frown.gif

I just got a 360 Elite with a Hitachi, Would this one be flashable?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK this is what I have now Hardware wise. Tell me if I need anymore items to get.
  • This Pci card I found at a local shop.
  • USB thumb drive
  • Verb DVDR DL
I also need the software I need in order to get this started. From Firmware, Stealth pactching and all the way up to burning software.

So far this is what I know to get. Other than these two I have no idea what to get.
  • Xbins
  • iPrep
Software and preparations is whats scaring me the most. Hopefully you guys steer me on the right directions. Thanks.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK this is what I have now Hardware wise. Tell me if I need anymore items to get.
  • This Pci card I found at a local shop.
  • USB thumb drive
  • Verb DVDR DL
I also need the software I need in order to get this started. From Firmware, Stealth pactching and all the way up to burning software.

So far this is what I know to get. Other than these two I have no idea what to get.
  • Xbins
  • iPrep
Software and preparations is whats scaring me the most. Hopefully you guys steer me on the right directions. Thanks.

Start by getting this guide: Textbook and read it.

Here's a video tutorial: 360mods. It's old but it helps.

For stealth patches go here:http://www.360patches.com/. You can also download Xdvdmuelleter 9.7 at that site.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not what I'm looking for (technically it is). I'm looking for someones OWN personal experience with the mod. Not some tutorial someone wrote/made months ago. I'm looking for the most recent and first hand exp.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not what I'm looking for (technically it is). I'm looking for someones OWN personal experience with the mod. Not some tutorial someone wrote/made months ago. I'm looking for the most recent and first hand exp.

You didn't even give the textbook 2007 edition tutorial a chance, that tutorial is the ixtreme tutorial. If you can't figure how to do it with that tutorial, then you have a problem. The video is old, but it's virtually almost the same process.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hitachi drive works fine here, problem is that its not secure to play backup games on xbox live with. i can download demos from xbox live, no problem. But i dont care because all i got is xbox live silver
smile.gif

i flashed a samsung drive yesterday with ixtreme 1.2 using vt6421l it worked perfect, it was a refurbished 360 and it had the new cooling system in place, but the dvd drive was an old ms25 drive, so very easy to flash
biggrin.gif

The newest 360 have the hitachi 79 or benq drives, these are not flashable yet by normal people
frown.gif

I just got a 360 Elite with a Hitachi, Would this one be flashable?

if you got a hitachi drive its possible now, you can check it by looking at your dvdrom tray. you can compare it with pictures on the internet. Either you got a hitachi 78 (software flashable) or hitachi 79 (needs hardware mod before you can flash it using software)

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well placed an order for my DVDR DL. I should be working on this next week unless I am backed up with Work/Social life. BTW I did order the "good" DVDR DL right? If I didn't...just lie to me. HAHA

is there any difference if the flashing process if I choose to pick iprep over xtream boot maker and vice versa?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little update.

Already got my Orig.bin file off of the drive. I just need to patched the hacked firmware with my orig's DVD key. But I won't be taking that next step just yet. Still need my DVDRs.

anyways new question about burning. I already know I need to tell IMG Burn where to make it's layer break. I am just a little confused on this thing.

Prog = Schtrom360XtractV3.3 / Xbox Backup Creator
ISO = b-dgr.iso (BioShock)
554564ji6.png

554564nj5.png

I'm guessing Xtream 3.0 means it's Xtream compatible. So it's able to play on the new firmwares right? The next blue box I'm guessing it's not suppose to say "NOT PRESENT" or is it just how it's suppose to be?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a problem while using XDVD MULLETER v10. (same ISO as before)
7faa0c4d.png

With .DVD file. Layer break also set at 1913760 in the config window.
4e65c2b9.jpg

Without .DVD file. But I did place 1913760 in the layer beak section.
b7ae9e24.jpg

Which setup should I use for img burn? With or without?

**Note this is not the burner I'm going to be using. I have a Pioneer 112 on my other comp.**

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I've seen alot of people on IRC complain about bad burns with imgburn but I've also seen alot praise it. Personally I prefer CloneCD for my 360 isos, I open up the .dvd file hit burn and it's good to go 100% of the time. Never had a problem with over 50 games for myself and countless more for others.
Might be worth trying it out if you keep gettin probs with imgburn.
If mulleter is saying no .xbe it won't ever work. Did you get it from usenet?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never had any problems with IMG burn. I use it all the time for different types of ISOs. Anyways from what you're saying just double click on the .DVD file and your off burning right?

Well then Xdvdmulleter is the one that's confusing the hell out of me. jaxxster says it loads fine. But when I did "check/unpatched iso for xtreme5 I get that message

EDIT: oh yeah does anyone have an update Stealth_user.ini for Schtrom360XtractV3.3?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Basically yeah you hit write image from computer, open the dvd file, all the data will be shown, hit burn, wait. Oh and when I said about the bad burns with imgburn it was 360 specific.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just finished off the mod about an hr ago. had nothing else better to do when I got home (GF not giving me any tonight [._.]). Easier than what that retarded text book made it out to be. I'll update my first post of this topic later with what I did, what equipment I used etc to make it work.

oh and yeah the above ISOs ran normal. So free games galore for me.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated the first post. If mods feel it's pin worth go right on ahead. Also thanks to all the users that helped me out in this topic and Xbox scene forum's pages and pages of noob posting. Saved me the trouble of registering over there =D.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has there been any breakthrough on the 360 Elite hacking front? Mine has the dreaded BenQ drive. These games are too damned expensive!!

yes, you can read/write to the firmware of the benq drive now, although it requires soldering.
unfortunately there is no hacked firmware out there, so only thing you can do is buy a spare 360 drive like samsung or hitachi and read the key from your benq drive and put it in there. then you can play copies on your elite.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to expand my 360 flashing knowledge. Friends of mine have asked me to flash there 360 drives. Problem is the only ones I know how to do are Samsung ones. So in order to help them out I'm going to need your help...again. So far I've narrowed it down to two programs I want to use.
  • iXtreme-HitachiAll-RTMv3
  • Maximus Toolbox V4
I'm leaning towards HitachiALL only because it uses command prompt and it's similar to the Samsung flash. Maximus I want to use because it's GUI based and it just point and click. But I have no idea how to get it to work with iXtreme. Oh and how easy is it for me to brick the DVD drive. I've read that hitachi drives are not brick proof like the samsung ones. Anyways little push to the right direction should help.

Note: I burned got Slax from Xbins.

EDIT: Nevermind. Turned out to be easier than the Samsung

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto