Gaming XBOX 360 Gamertag

Billydick888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned, everyone did, but i know for sure that my gamertag is on my harddrive and i bought a new XBOX, Why cant i just put my harddrive in in and it recognizes my gamertag? Ive seen people do that, just pop their hds in an xbox and play. What gives?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to recover it

delete the corrupted one and go to recover GT and it will take a while after that

also any game saves that were loaded/saved too while the 360 was banned are corrupted, there is no way to recover these saves, they are gone

you must recopy any games that were saved to the HDD also

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
So when you get banned it trashes your profile and all your saves, not just bans you from online?

Unfortunately, and it still tracks the backups played if you continue to play with it connected after the ban. I dont know if this will result in a tag ban. When i had mine recovered it had the last backup i played in order in acheivements even after being banned
ph34r.gif

Billydick888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game i played as a backup offline was modern warefare 1 not the new one. So basically everything i did while offline got trashed? How long does it take before you can recover the gamertag after you delete it which i did, down side to EVERYTHING is i bought my xbox used and already modded, so i just changed the gamertag name and password and everything, my friend was cool with this, but today while going to recover it i couldnt. and i confirmed with him all the info passwords and login and it just wont log in. This was before i deleted it. should i wait till tomorrow or something? i have so much Purchased information like map packs for gears of war 2 i BOUGHT, i can see all the info on my drive just cant do anything with it... Sucks.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to recover it if it was just a console ban. you would receive a message if your tag was banned. if the recover doesn't work the helpline can give you the info as long as you have your personal info.

it cant be on the same box that was banned, that one is essentially cut off from live

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only game saves that were accessed while they system was banned
all other saves are fine

if the corrupted profile still exists on the 360
it will not recover another one since it sees that one with the same name
delete it first

DLC, and everything else should still be the same
you shouldnt really needed to re download it

also any achievements gotten after the 360 was banned will not be carried over
MS made sure achievement whores would not get an advantage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?