Hardware XBOX 360 Error 0102

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a XBOX 360 that has an error 0102.

It's a Xenon Model. It's been flashed/DVD-modded. Sometimes it goes 3RL but sometimes it disappears. But when the XBOX 360 works, artifacts (Transparent Squares) will show up and freeze gameplay. I will have to restart the XBOX 360.

My XB0X 360 is not noisy though. Just this afternoon. I turned it on. I haven't used it for more than a day. When I turned it on, it was on 3RL. So I left the XBOX 360 turned on for 40 minutes and then restarted the XBOX 360 then it worked.

This is my question, should I just get it reflowed or reballed? I know a reball will make it last longer but I want to know if a reflow will just get the job done. I'm taking into consideration the error because when I searched about the error, it said that a theory of fixing the error is reflowing.

Please help me!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ditch it all together.
It's not worth keeping Xenons alive.

Grab a Falcon/Jasper unit and flash that drive.
Or a Slim + Xkey if you got the money.

If you do insist on keeping that Xenon (in which case I personally consider you foolish, no offense tho) then a reball would be the best option.
Reflowing will cause the RROD to come back sooner or later anyway.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes even though I'm for reflowing on an Xenon you really are just buying time and not really repairing the issue. Xbox 360s are cheap though and if you do decide to reflow you could probably try it for awhile if you got the cash to pick up another phat 360 to flash.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
You're just spending more on reflowing then a "new" 2nd hand Jasper unit.

Yes professionally you would be but he just wants to buy some playing time he could use the heatgun method which works well if done correctly. There are always dangers doing it but if your getting a new 360 then couldn't hurt too much if something goes wrong.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you do it yourself then yes, it's doable.
But if you let it be reflowed by someone, you're just spending money you should shove towards a new 360.

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for the reply.

And NO, I'm not planning on buying a new XBOX 360. I'm actually planning to buy a PS4 in the near future when the price goes down.

But setting those things aside, I just want to play. TBH, I'm not the person who plays XBOX 360 the whole day. The most time that I've played on this console is like 3 straight hours of gameplay.

And No offense but I think buying a XBOX 360 is pointless and getting it JTAGGED/RGHED/FLASHED is really expensive here.
XBOX 360s here in the Philippines are still expensive. They go for around $300 here in the PH and to get it modified, you will atleast spend $80.

I think I will just get it reballed. A reball goes for $50 here in the PH.

Again thanks for the replies

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buying a stock 360 and buying all the games you pirated is more expensive.....
But who am I..

Aye, Reball would pretty much fix it permanently ;]
Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉