Gaming Xbox 360 Arcade still producing ??

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi...
I am planning to buy the Arcade version cause it can be modified with custom firmware so I am wondering are they still making new Arcade consoles and if yes, till when they plan to make them since there is Slim version now...
Slim cannot be modified, right ?
I could buy it now, but I would rather wait time after Christmas cause I have lot of games to play right now on my PS3.
Thx !

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
If you mean modding with a mod-chip by modifying, yes you can!

Source!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Someone more serious please ? I still don't intend to buy Slim anyway, that was like bonus question.

I am more interested in knowing did they stop with production of Arcade models...

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Sorry then!
frown.gif

The answer is NO!
ohnoes.png

Here you go: (posted on 14th June 2010)
Microsoft has confirmed during its post- press conference / mass console giveaway "media roundtable" that it is no longer manufacturing the original Xbox 360 hardware in any form. A Microsoft representative has told Joystiq that the now-outdated machine will continue to be sold until stock runs out, but, after that, slim is totally in. Sure, you could get a discounted 360 before the slimmer model arrives at the end of the week[/p]

Source!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, they stopped production of all Arcade consoles sometime ago. Production stopped around May to June.

As for "Custom Firmware", there are 2 ways on which people 'mod' their Xbox 360's. You can flash the DVD Drive which will allow you to play backup discs. The other is the JTAG hack which allows to run unsigned code, and you can then run games from the HDD, use any kind of HDD instead of the MS drives, mod games, custom dashboards etc. The JTAG hack requires a console manufactured before 2009-06-18 and a Dashboard version of 7371 or lower. Now, if I only I didn't take that gamble on the 2009-06-19 console....

JTAG's will be banned if taken online.

There will be a 'custom firmware' released in the new year for the XBOX 360 Slim which will allow it to play backup discs.

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, thanks everyone for the info ! I am interested in playing online so I will go with custom firmware.
I know I need to be careful though
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...