SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link:http://www.gamedaily.com/games/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009/ds/game-previews/preview/6860/20544/

Highlights:
QUOTE said:
Primarily, Smackdown Vs. Raw's development is now in the hands of a new team, the folks at Tose (who developed the awesome Dragon Quest Rocket Slime).

Instead of relying solely on frustrating stylus mechanics, WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw utilizes a combination of D-pad control movements, button presses and stylus movements

You control your wrestler's general movement with the directional pad and then execute drawn motions on the stylus. Tapping the screen creates quick strikes, while circling your opponent creates a grapple, followed by a number of moves depending on which direction you draw. Other complex moves, such as Irish whips or counters, come off very easily with this system.

This year's roster is highly expanded with 30 WWE superstars from the Raw, Smackdown and ECW brands, such as John Cena, The Undertaker, Batista and more.

If you can't find your favorite, however, the game's new Create-a-Wrestler mode makes up for it.

Various match types in WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 definitely cater to the sports' fans. If you ever wanted to try your luck in a Hell in a Cell match, now's your chance. You can also check out a Ladder Match, Tables Match, and various others.

The game also supports multi-card multiplayer, so you can hook up with (or against) a friend and show them your wrestling skills

Unfortunately, the game doesn't support Wi-Fi Connection, and THQ was quiet when we asked about Game Sharing and connectivity with the corresponding Wii game.

Lastly, the plays almost like a role-playing game.

Summary:
New features
  • Tose is the developer
  • New Gameplay
  • Smackdown Vs. Raw's development is now in the hands of a new team, the folks at Tose (different gameplay from the console versions)
  • combination of D-pad control movements, button presses and stylus movements (choose from different control schemes?)
  • tweeked stylus gestures (tapping the screen is now the gesture for a punch.. not for throwing shurikens
    laugh.gif
    )
  • new Create-a-Wrestler (possibly with a (create a texture/emblem) feature?)
  • new matchtypes: Hell in a Cell, Ladder Match, Tables Match, and various others

Old features
  • stylus mechanics (but not stylus only)
  • stylus gestures (gesture a circle for grapple, then followup with a line for an irish whip)
  • multi-card multiplayer
  • free-roaming Season Mode

Unconfirmed:
the game doesn't support Wi-Fi Connection
Game Sharing (single cart/download play)
connectivity with the corresponding Wii game.
most likely the game's graphics would be similar to last years (maybe not because of the new developers but they could always ask for the guys at THQ)

What do think guys?
yaynds.gif
Cant wait for this and the wii version.
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that it will only suck a little less than the last one, by what they describe it as being.

I want those pretty graphics with a normal, traditional play-style for a wrestling game. This touchscreen twiddling crap will just be annoying for a game like this. It certainly was in the '08 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries