WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Preview (DS)

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SoulAnger, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008
  1. SoulAnger
    OP

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    Link:http://www.gamedaily.com/games/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009/ds/game-previews/preview/6860/20544/

Highlights:
    Summary:
    New features
    • Tose is the developer
    • New Gameplay
    • Smackdown Vs. Raw's development is now in the hands of a new team, the folks at Tose (different gameplay from the console versions)
    • combination of D-pad control movements, button presses and stylus movements (choose from different control schemes?)
    • tweeked stylus gestures (tapping the screen is now the gesture for a punch.. not for throwing shurikens [​IMG])
    • new Create-a-Wrestler (possibly with a (create a texture/emblem) feature?)
    • new matchtypes: Hell in a Cell, Ladder Match, Tables Match, and various others

Old features
    • stylus mechanics (but not stylus only)
    • stylus gestures (gesture a circle for grapple, then followup with a line for an irish whip)
    • multi-card multiplayer
    • free-roaming Season Mode

Unconfirmed:
    the game doesn't support Wi-Fi Connection
    Game Sharing (single cart/download play)
    connectivity with the corresponding Wii game.
    most likely the game's graphics would be similar to last years (maybe not because of the new developers but they could always ask for the guys at THQ)

What do think guys? [​IMG] Cant wait for this and the wii version. [​IMG]

2. Masta_mind257

Member Masta_mind257 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It could turn out well, but I've been wrong more than 1ce

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It seems to me that it will only suck a little less than the last one, by what they describe it as being.

I want those pretty graphics with a normal, traditional play-style for a wrestling game. This touchscreen twiddling crap will just be annoying for a game like this. It certainly was in the '08 version.