WTF? I just got ninja'd by a spider!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by The Teej, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008
  1. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    I was in the bath, soaking (as you do), and then next thing you know, there was a spider crawling up my fucking arm! Safe to say, I jumped out of that bath so quick, the spider actually lept into the air LOL. I'm not afraid of spiders as such, but I aint sharing a bath with one, no fucking way! I'm starting to think there's some spider hive or something in my bathroom, because it's the second time I've seen one now. Next time it appears, it won't have its legs when it leaves [​IMG]

Anybody else had stuff like this happen to them?

2. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, right now, there's a spider on my ceiling that's probably like one centimeter in size, but either way, I'm still afraid of spiders. I'm hoping it won't drop onto me while I'm sleeping and crawl into my mouth...

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Well, a while ago, I was at my grandmother's house, She had an insect problem at the time.

There was a spider sitting behind a chest. So, my mother grabs a broom and tries to sweep it out of the house.

Then, like a flash, baby spiders go everywhere!

The spider had had babies on her back, and when my mom sweeped at it - they went all over.

After I had shitted some bricks, I got some spray and helped killed as many of those freaky little creatures I could find.

Spiders give me goosebumps, and I absolutely fear them.

So, if you wake up one night from a high-pitched girly scream - that's just me staying the night at my grandmothers [​IMG]

4. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]

Anyways, last time I saw a spider here in my room was a long while ago [​IMG]

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    That is fucking scary, the only thing I am really afraid of is insects, any kind or type =(

6. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Get a cat ... cats love to eat spiders.

Plus, spiders enter bathrooms via drains, so are always more likely to see one in the bathroom, than anywhere else in the house.

7. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    Just now i smacked a cockroach that was under my bed xD
    poor insects ..

8. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I had bad experience with spiders. Back in Uzbekistan I stayed at a rural area for vacation. Suddenly, in middle of the night a spider was crawling up, I was just about to shake it off, but I can't! It was attached to my arm. I took a closer look, it was some kind of scorpion. I was like "Oh shit! It's a trap!" and tried to shake it off as hard as I could and it did snap off, leaving me a pretty bloody and possibly poisoned arm. My parents were at work back in the city, so the only one there was my Great Grand Mother. She does not believe in the "infidel" Russian hospital that we had in the county, and took me to a Persian Shaman. He made me recite chants with him and made me walk on hot coal dancing while drinking "anti-venom" that tasted like mud mixed with manure. That day my condition became worse, my parents picked me up and immediately brought me to an emergency clinic at the City. I stayed in the hospital for some time and eventually got better in about a week. Doctors said the venom wasn't that much, but what ever the Shamans fed me made my condition.

9. scubersteve

scubersteve Newbie

I hate it when religeon and personal beliefs interfere with my health.
    My mom refused to take me to an optomatrist (sp), and convinced me that shooting "silver water" into it would make it better.

It didn't.
    My sister had some sense, and she took me to a walk-in clinic where I was prescribed some drug-illed eye drops.

ONTOPIC:
    Spiders suck.
    As does this apartment.
    At 1:00 AM, I can see small bugs walking across my computer screen...

10. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've had a spider jump into the bath with me before [​IMG] probly the quickest I have ever moved that day.

Another time I was laying in bed watching tv, I was on my side and a spider jumped from the cieling onto my pillow inches from my face... second quickest I have ever moved.

Both times I screamed like a girl, lol. [​IMG]

Also had a spider on the wall in my bathroom, a biggish one mind you. Got my bro to move it outside, next day it came back, same spot, bro moved it, came back, squished it. [​IMG] never saw that one again, lol.

11. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Damn, that sucked, entertaining lecture, and I really feel bad for you, but on the positive side, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger and Claymorer.

12. noisound

Member noisound GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    i have of phobia of insects and bugs too. every time i see a spider i want to squash it but right before it i remember from the movie "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" that spiders help eat bugs. i just end up squishing it cause of my phobia =[

one time i saw a wasp in my bathroom. i was standing a good minute with a fly swatter to get the nerve and slowly get close enough to smack the fkn wasp that looks like a spider with wings :wtf:

13. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Once I was sitting on my bed drawing, saw something move out of the corner of my eye and found one of those stick thin leggy spiders crawling up the bottom of the page. Jumped a mile. Thing is, the book was on my lap, so it must've crawled over me to get there! Ick :S

14. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Those crazy ass shamans. You should have thrown the drink back at him and go "NO, YOU"

15. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    i hate spiders so much...they just look so fucking freaky...like some devil creature or something.

They say throughout your life you aparently swallow 6 spiders...wonder if its true or not.

16. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Oh wow. Here I thought I was the only one with a fear of spiders that was this bad.

Thank god there are others [​IMG]

17. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I think I've killed all the spiders that were in my house, I havn't seen one for months.

Last time I saw one it was late at night and I saw it creeping along the side of the wall. Safe to say I jumped out of my chair and hit it with a magazine repeatedly.

I hate spiders.

18. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Spiders? Urgh. Last year I was taking the wheelie bin out and I had to pull using the handle and I felt something sticky. Thinking it was some garbage water I didn't care until I looked at my hands and realised I squashed thousands and thousands of baby spiders.

I never ran for the bathroom so quick in my life.

19. User200

Member User200 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ah spiders in the bathroom...

I was taking a leak one morning, half asleep like normal, and in the reflection of the mirror i see a huge spider on my back... nothing wakes you up faster like the sight of a spider on your back... found out it came from the ceiling after it stomped the shit out of it. i can't stand the feeling of there web.

not even folgers woke me up faster. (folgers = American coffee)

20. Ahmedz

Newcomer Ahmedz Advanced Member

Bahrain
    i remember once i was staying at my aunt's house in the UK. the room i was staying in had this huge spider which was the size of a fucking cockroach!!
    they had no bug spray and my shoes we're outside so i did one thing [​IMG]
    grabbed my deodorant and sprayed it for like 10 seconds.
    after that, i grabbed my lighter and burned it to death (it was wet with deo and of course its flammable so with the combination of deodorant and a lighter = flamethrower [​IMG])

it just stayed there burning and then turned into ashes.....it was pretty funny [​IMG]