Emulation Writing to the NOR not working?

Vetches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, again! I'm slowly but surely getting a better understanding of EZ Flash IV. Now, I have another question. When writing to the NOR, I know you hit "Select" and let it write itself, but people say it takes a bit longer, and for me it takes about 30 seconds, depending on the file size (between 16-32). When it writes, nothing happens. Does it have to do with me using a micro-SD card and adapter, maybe the cart itself, or am I just missing something altogether? Thanks in advance!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have a similar thread going on http://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-nor-not-work.361031/

Unbeknownst to me it seems the EZTeam released a new client pack that might include an updated loader, which would be necessary if they changed the NOR chips/read protocols and would also explain what we have been seeing here. More on that thread if you want to try experimenting.

Vetches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what you said and in the thread, there's a file in there that could be renamed to ezfla.bin or whatever, and try that out? Could I get a link to the file?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4_2014.zip

In the sysbin directory is a file called ez_flash.bin

If the EZTeam did it properly you can copy that to the root and hold R when booting (make sure there is no ezfla_up.bin in there), it will then use that to update.

If they were slightly more lax then rename the file to ezfla_up.bin (the underscore is important) and use it to update. I would rather not try such a thing on my launch model EZ4 though just in case (I have pulled things back from the brink before and done very silly things but that was before).

If you are on certain newer versions of windows or with certain setups it might not have the .bin part, this is OK though as they are both the same. Alternatively you can uncheck the option for explorer to "Hide extensions for known file types".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)