Gaming WPA2 Wifi works on DS Game?!

Xburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I randomly tested Plants Vs Zombies with my wife using My 3DS and her DS Lite. We figured to just use the Download and Play mode, but it was a tad too laggy. So I figured to just enable my Wifi on my 3DS and tried the Wifi Mode, for the heck of it even though I read at places it only supports WEP for DS. Anyways - Instantly we were able to create a room and play together...

I thought DS games had limited connection based on their coding limitations. Now my mind is blown away because IF thats the case, then would it be possible for some Home brewers to update their Apps to support up to WPA2? It would be great actually, I haven't tested much else on the 3DS wifi but Pokemon White.

Thanks!

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pokemon is DSi enhanced,so it is normal taht it can use wpa2.
But I dont know if Plants vs Zombies is enhanced too.

Xburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope R4 Wood on mine, hers was N5 using R4 wood. Yeah I would assume DSi enhanced then, still rather kool.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If they are on a Flashcard,it's indeed intereseting,because the ones you mentioned,don't have DSi mode and even if they had,THe DSi mode would't work on the 3DS yet.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Plants vs Zombies doesn't support online playing, only local wi-fi. So it doesn't matter if you're router has web, wpa2 or if you don't have a router at all, it doesn't communicate with it. *-)

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems as tho even when using a flashcart the 3DS mode is still active. I was in the car playing and shut my DS to do some shopping with the GF when I got back home I quit the game to swap in Samurai Warriors and the stepcount was like 3k+.

EDIT: just read the post above me guess my post is irrelevant -_-

Xburn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monkey01 said:
Plants vs Zombies doesn't support online playing, only local wi-fi. So it doesn't matter if you're router has web, wpa2 or if you don't have a router at all, it doesn't communicate with it. *-)

AH OK! Thats pretty interesting to know. I'll defiantly keep that in mind though, Thanks for the Info Monkey01.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...