Hacking wow! SKY3DS breakthrough 10 game limit, which means you can play any games?

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Watch gameplay videos and pick the ones that interest you. 10 games isn't much, but it can be good value if you pick ones you'll enjoy.
Yep, just because Mario Kart 7 or Smash Bros has a lot of potential replay value means little if you can't get yourself to actually 'play' the game.
Meanwhile other games may prove to be a lot more value for you if you are a perfectionist or completionist.

Thats why Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fantasy Life and Bravely Default are far better for me (and those like me) than Mario Kart 7 or Smash Bros ever will be.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i have a question, when you copy the games on, does it take the roms full space or its trimmed space
Full space plus some offset.

After formatting my 8GB microSD, I had one 492kb FAT partition for misc. files and 7.4GB RAW partition for the ROM's. After putting on Smash Bros. 3DS (2GB), Bravely Default (4GB) and Animal Crossing (1GB), I have 344MB of space left.

I have not tried trimmed ROM's yet.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Full space plus some offset.

After formatting my 8GB microSD, I had one 492kb FAT partition for misc. files and 7.4GB RAW partition for the ROM's. After putting on Smash Bros. 3DS (2GB), Bravely Default (4GB) and Animal Crossing (1GB), I have 344MB of space left.

I have not tried trimmed ROM's yet.
ahhh ok because i was wondering if the idea behind the more than 10 games where you need a legit game between each additional would mean it would be advisable to find the absolute smallest rom available to act as your legit game......can you copy the same game on more than once? would be good if trimmed rom work and you could just have like a 100mb trimmed rom as the padder between the extra's so you don't have to waste all your space having like 2GB files on to exceed the 10game limit

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ahhh ok because i was wondering if the idea behind the more than 10 games where you need a legit game between each additional would mean it would be advisable to find the absolute smallest rom available to act as your legit game......can you copy the same game on more than once? would be good if trimmed rom work and you could just have like a 100mb trimmed rom as the padder between the extra's so you don't have to waste all your space having like 2GB files on to exceed the 10game limit
I still don't even understand how to do this whole in-between trick - the instructions are vague at best. I'm also unwilling to sacrifice my microSD's on the altar of the evil God of Data Corruption by removing them while they're being used. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I still don't even understand how to do this whole in-between trick - the instructions are vague at best. I'm also unwilling to sacrifice my microSD's on the altar of the evil God of Data Corruption by removing them while they're being used. :P
pretty sure at worst it would just mean you need to reformat....once you have hit your 10 games im pretty sure its goes like this
load legit game, its verified against the allowed list and loads, press the button again as the non-allowed game loads eject the card.......now im assuming if you do this quick enough or something it just makes the card skip the verify stage, which is why you need a legit game between each non legit to act as a verification pass for the non-allowed game....im hoping i do get this K3ds card i will have no issue filling it up for testing XD i have my gateway anyway if it doesn't work great, ill just give it to a friend or something

non the less it still sounds like a pain in the arse to play any extra games....but i would like to know if it actually works :P

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just want to write game with good Replay value like MK7 and maybe Smash Bros. 3DS (i'm not a big fan...)
Here are the 10 3DS games that have sold more than 1M

IMG_493823568866710.jpeg

This might help you.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This really isn't a good breakthrough, considering that you are risking to corrupt/brick SD card.

Unlike HDD, flash based memory like SD card has a higher chance of bricking if it was interrupted during read/write cycle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban... +1