Would you change your gender?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER - Sex/Gender = Same Bloody Thing to me.
Just wondering... would you?
Don't derail this and this is not an EOF thread.

Even if it was just for a while though, but I'd prefer serious answers.
Yes, I would. Thinking about it the last 5 months, I'd want to be a girl... I'm not going to go into why because I started to care about my privacy again.

Well, nobody changed it because they wants to. Just like born gay people cannot became a straight because its not a matter of choice. Can straight people want to change to gay ? No, they cannot do that. It is the same thing for some people born that way about gender changer. Its not their choice because they feel that they are in the wrong body and they aren't happy with themselves. They want to be happy and thats why they want to change their sexuality gender. Its not a choice at all.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-
You should just accept people for what they are. If a biological man identifies as a woman, then that's that. I really don't see the issue. At the end of the day, it's just people wanting to be able to identify themselves as what they feel they are.

Last edited by Minox,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As I interpreted this question as a "would you change your gender permanently", the answer would be "No".

But if it was one of those magic spells that turns one into the other gender for a day: Sure why not? Just to see how much different everything is. Both physical differences; how masturbation would feel, sex (if I was able to get it) and the social differences; how would I be treated differently?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So, I am male. And I am 20 years old. I don't care about genders at all. I hate it when I fill a form or something and they ask me what my gender is. They might as well ask my eye color. I mean, what's the difference between those questions?

Let's talk about differences between genders.
1. They look differently.
2. Different ways of doing sex.
3. Different pronouns.
And that's it.

So, I wouldn't change my gender, but if it did change on its own for some reason, I wouldn't care. "I am a girl now? OK."
Actually, I am not sure if I would even notice right away...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
" DISCLAIMER - Sex/Gender = Same Bloody Thing to me."
In religious discussions we occasionally see people call atheism just another religion, in those cases I have to ask for a term for a lack of religion. In this case though sex = outward, possibly biological for certain purposes, manifestation of features, gender = the thing you head reckons it is was a useful distinction as far as language goes.

Anyway much like the previous thread I can't switch off the scientist part of my head. To that end I would be curious as to the mechanics of the situation, which is to say am I going to think differently? Even if I think differently on a chemical level then what is societal imprinting that I might retain? I have not really read any studies on those from isolated youths and most other things I see are pretty flawed experiments.

Going back to the religion thing though then much like a lack of religion I would say I generally have a lack of internal awareness/consideration of gender, perhaps not to the extent of some but generally it is an abstract concept I get to emulate if it is part of a conversation I am in (if you have ever done or seen the slightly self effacing humour line, ask about the weather.... conversation pattern with an elderly person then same idea really).

Flick a switch and see for a day or three? I would argue it would be foolish not to.

Permanent? Nah, testosterone and whatever else combined with basically no effort has left me with enough strength that most women I see would have to work quite hard to equal. Energy (food) to power that is cheap and there are no real other downsides to it -- not being able to get into truly tiny places is not a great concern. Equally with society the way it is... With all that in mind then from a functional perspective it would make sense to stick being a testicle sporter.

Wanna trade? If I could go through puberty again with the knowledge I have now I'd be unstoppable.
You would voluntarily go through puberty again? And they call me a masochist. A while back it turned out peanuts and I do not get along any more at all (we had never been the best of friends but this was worse) and I had a bit of a throat shrinking episode. It stopped long before breathing was in any way worried but it did make it sound and feel like my voice was breaking again. The sense of dread that created...

I think dying awake would be more easy mentally then dying asleep. At least you get to say goodbye to your family then.
A favourite comedy sketch runs
[god squad representative]and after you die you get to see your family again
[comedian]But what if I have been good?

-snip-

Where is it defined as a mental illness? Historically it might have been but presently both the big manuals of psychiatry would argue otherwise. Equally even if it is a mental illness is it worth attempting to change things or rather just make people able to lead happy lives (the "cure" being worse than the affliction sort of thing)? As far as I can see it does not raise danger to themselves or others inherently because of the situation.

There are various chromosomal aberrations that can change some of that (XYY syndrome being one of the more well known).

Why is the public toilet thing an issue? I would be far more worried about someone with transmissible crotch rot being on the toilet before and there is precious little you can do about that.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if its temporary i would. i'd love to experience that for a few days. permanently? hell no, i love pissing while standing.

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
4a175e7d1492591e0ba2c225569ad9f3.jpg
No seriously though hell no

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should just accept people for what they are. If a biological man identifies as a woman, then that's that. I really don't see the issue. At the end of the day, it's just people wanting to be able to identify themselves as what they feel they are.
That's a funny thing because they don't accept the own body but want to be accepted ... very hipocrite if you ask me :v
Also Iknow how is hard to accept the own body as it is ...

Reactions: Arubaro

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I am male. And I am 20 years old. I don't care about genders at all. I hate it when I fill a form or something and they ask me what my gender is. They might as well ask my eye color. I mean, what's the difference between those questions?

Let's talk about differences between genders.
1. They look differently.
2. Different ways of doing sex.
3. Different pronouns.
And that's it.

So, I wouldn't change my gender, but if it did change on its own for some reason, I wouldn't care. "I am a girl now? OK."
Actually, I am not sure if I would even notice right away...
We're biologically different as well seriously one google search man

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This may sound off weird but, 3 female friends of mine have been able to piss while standing without any accessory (from my POV)
it very childsh thouth .. Is not doing sit down ow standing, both can be done by males or females, but will be different on their own way

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being transgender is a mental illness.
What makes it a mental illness? Please explain.
Who says you can't piss while standing when you're a girl?

Okay, it'd be pretty weird and it may be hard but it's possible
You can't piss everywhere when you're a girl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself