Homebrew Would something like Xlink kai be possible for the DS?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I always thought this would be so cool... in case some of you don't know, xlink kai is a program that supposedly let's you play Ad-Hoc PSP games as if they were wi-fi. Well... that's not a good explanation, but it let's you play Ad-Hoc games with people all over the world without having them be close to you.

So I was wondering if it was possible to somehow do something like that for the DS. For example, being able to play local online games on wi-fi.

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
probably not, the ds is not able to run multiple applications/games at the same time, and you would need to to pull this off.... the only way i can think of doing it would be to have something it slot 2 which takes over your wireless connections and alows you to do that with hardware, not software

GreatFox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
sconethief said:
Xlink Kai is compatible with the DS >.> I think....

Where did you get that idea? It aint so hard to check official homepage where clearly reads:
QUOTE('http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/')- Supports XBox, Playstation2, Gamecube and PSP system-link / LAN enabled games.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Local multiplayer on the DS expects response times that TCP/IP cannot reliably provide. A tunneling project was started by the same guy who gave us homebrew wifi libraries in the first place, but he gave up after a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: