would menuhax and browserhax work on 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hacksn5s4, Jan 1, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    I'm asking this because i do not have cubic ninja and would like to use the HomeBrew launcher and not just cias when the kernel exploit comes out and i can downgrade to 9.2.

2. tyrran

tyrran Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    Current versions of menuhax work for 9.2 with some rxtools backporting. I'm on 9.2 with a N3DSLL and I boot PastaCFW that way.

3. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    yes it works great, I just did a 9.0 N3ds the other day, most of the tutorials for RXtools explain use with browserhax/menuhax

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, they work just fine, and when you are in CFW, you can use https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader as well which gives a convenient way for CFW users to access HBL from a CIA file.
    The thing is, if you don't currently have an entrypoint for homebrew, you're going to need one to use future exploits. Right now you should be able to use browserhax to install menuhax, unless you are on one of the firmwares that block browser use (9.9+), on n3DS however it's possible to stop that message from appearing. If you're on o3DS then once you've gotten the browser message telling you to update, there's no way to remove it.

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    they work and cfw users have access to more entrypoints (like a cia version of the hbc)

. . . i really wish people would calm down we dont have or know exactly how the downgrade will work so trying to fill yourself with cfw prepair-ed-ness is useless

4 months ago themehax (menuhax) did not even exist . . . it may take months before the downgrade is released . . . things can and likely will change by the time you can downgrade

edit: fucking ninjas man

6. ArceusMI

ArceusMI Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Taylor, MI
    Look at how wrong you were :3 It is annoying, but it works well

7. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Yes, I just did it about an hour ago before installing rxTools. If you need help, feel free to contact me :D

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    this is not the method i was talking about this is a modded program running on half finished code, and that's why so many people are bricking useing it . . . but if safety is annoying to you then go for it lol