Gaming Would it frighten you to know . . .

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it frighten you to know that your Wii keeps track of every game you play and if connected to the internet forwards that information to Nintendo? Information like if it is an out of region game, or if it was played off a regular DVD, or if it was played by you while naked?
tongue.gif

Has anyone bothered to monitor the Wii WiFi connection and see exactly what is being transferred?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep teh wiiconnect off and don't play online
tongue.gif

That said, I hope nothing bad happens before smashbros releases, that would blow if we couldn't play it online cause nintendo knew we were pirates.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
it would bother me if i was some paranoid guy that does nothing but smoke pot and play video games and thought the world was trying to get into my brain.

But none of the above bothers me so neither would nintendo finding out my console was chipped. Even if they were to ban me from thier so called "online" service....pfft.

PaulieD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it would bother me if i was some paranoid guy that does nothing but smoke pot and play video games and thought the world was trying to get into my brain.

But none of the above bothers me so neither would nintendo finding out my console was chipped. Even if they were to ban me from thier so called "online" service....pfft.

Well said
smile.gif
I agree BTW I have WiiConnect24 always turned off

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OMG, you are right. Now where did I put my tin-foil hat....

Well, I couldn't care less wether Nintendo keeps track of what I play and how I play it.

I always have to laugh at the people who are too afraid to upgrade to 3.0, too xD
Yeah, I know you will laugh back when they ban me, afterall, but at least I wasn't too much of a pussy to find out
wink.gif

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one problem in this. Just because you play many different games don't mean anything. You could just be a big video game renter. So really if they could see what games you played...big whoop.

Now, that might be somewhat interesting if they see something that isn't released in that region yet, that is really probably the only thing you have to worry about. Anything else said is just pointless because for all they know it could be a rental.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one problem in this. Just because you play many different games don't mean anything. You could just be a big video game renter. So really if they could see what games you played...big whoop.

Now, that might be somewhat interesting if they see something that isn't released in that region yet, that is really probably the only thing you have to worry about. Anything else said is just pointless because for all they know it could be a rental.
if they could read the lead in, where for dvd-r, it always says dvd-r. and for dvd+r it says the booktype but you could still figure out the media....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1