Hacking Would it be worth it to upgrade from my M3 micro sd?

CrakrHakr666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old M3 micro sd flashcard (the one that has different size shells for GBA and DSLite) that I stuck with for so long because of RTC. I just replaced the battery. The patching software doesn't work in newer versions of Windows, but I haven't run into a problem with clean roms yet.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to either an Everdrive or the new EZflash Omega? Or should I just stick with what I already have?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i have that one as well (actually have 2 m3 perfect for gba), patching software works just fine, i am using windows 10 64 bits i have no issues with the m3 manager

i also have an old ez iv, and for the SDHC support alone it is worth it... i putted a big card with all the gba library and done..
the omega would give you several advantages like the sdhc support,
standard .sav save format, RTC was fixed (your m3 has rtc but every game uses the same clock)
fast loading (the m3 is fast enough anyway)
but at the cost of battery consuption, i don't know how much the m3 consumes however..
the omega is a good modern upgrade but try to look and see if the battery consumption gets resolved

as for the everdrive x5.. heh, sadly it is huge :C and also has the rtc problem..
but still you get sdhc (and i even think sdxc)
and i can't say more advantages or disvantages because i dont have one and didn't look in detail at it

but you know the m3 is a great card, i love it.. it has some stuff no other got...
(the nds mode in the ez iv is deprecated in new firmwares) it can work as a nds flashcart for ya ds
the only bad thing IMHO about it is really the no support for cards above 2gb :C
there is some docs saying it can work with 4gb cards but heh, i never managed to make that work

PS random chat:
jeez, the memories of wanting a gba flashcart with RTC and people talking about the m3 perfect, and then go like "impossible to find nowadays" :D
and it was really fucking hard for me to find one.. i remember going in rampage looking for it lel.
then much later the everdrive and now the omega happened, and kek..

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: ov3rkill

CrakrHakr666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got my M3 early because it worked with the CycloDS for GBA direct flashing. I did go through a period where I was looking for one and couldn't find it, but that was because I sold my DSLite and had just gotten a GBA SP, but couldn't find my old card. Luckily I found it again.

3dsgametime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an M3 as well and love it, but ended up getting the EZ flash reform. I did it or the bigger micro SD card support. my 2gb card died and I could not for the life of me find a replacement. I have since found one, but the fact that I can use a 16gb card on my EZ makes it worth it for me. I can store more games on the card which is great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1