EZ Flash Omega Kernel Update Issues

evxvxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm on my third EZ FLash Omega Cartridge now and I'm not sure what the issue is.

My first two carts encountered Micro SD Initial Error and the clock would fluctuate wildly. Could not boot any ROMS and could not update kernel. I tried three different SD Cards:

128gb Sandisk exFAT 32kb
64gb Sandisk exFAT 32kb
32gb Sandisk FAT32 32kb

Always had the same issue and couldn't find help on reddit so I returned my first cart. Second had the same issue. Returned that and got a third cart.

I'm still working with the last 32gb Sandisk FAT32 32kb, by the way.

I've verified the card is not corrupt and cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol.

This time I had a different issue. The cart started updating but got stuck at 1%. I had to turn off the console after about 20 minutes and now it only boots with a white screen. I tried to follow the guide to replace the loader but that also got stuck at 1% and now even the update attempt just gives me a white screen. Is this my third cart in a row shipped defective or am I an idiot? Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. If it is yet another defective cart I would also love a reccomendation for a source to buy a cart that won't be defective.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on my third EZ FLash Omega Cartridge now and I'm not sure what the issue is.

My first two carts encountered Micro SD Initial Error and the clock would fluctuate wildly. Could not boot any ROMS and could not update kernel. I tried three different SD Cards:

128gb Sandisk exFAT 32kb
64gb Sandisk exFAT 32kb
32gb Sandisk FAT32 32kb

Always had the same issue and couldn't find help on reddit so I returned my first cart. Second had the same issue. Returned that and got a third cart.

I'm still working with the last 32gb Sandisk FAT32 32kb, by the way.

I've verified the card is not corrupt and cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol.

This time I had a different issue. The cart started updating but got stuck at 1%. I had to turn off the console after about 20 minutes and now it only boots with a white screen. I tried to follow the guide to replace the loader but that also got stuck at 1% and now even the update attempt just gives me a white screen. Is this my third cart in a row shipped defective or am I an idiot? Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. If it is yet another defective cart I would also love a reccomendation for a source to buy a cart that won't be defective.
Did u buy from an authorized dealer?

evxvxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
(sent a link I can't post again because I have a new account)
Thanks, I just bought my fourth cartridge. You know what they say, fourth's a charm.

Any ideas on if the third cart is salvageable or did I simply buy a defective product from an unauthorized dealer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1