Hacking Would it be possible to create a Games on Demand service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
you tard, hes not lying.

shoplifting channel that funny as well. downloading and patching on the fly is probably the better route, i guess if you are going to do something illegal (and stupid in this case) might as well do as little as possible.

setting up triiforce is easy.
1. dump your NAND using fs tool ( i forget the name, or use crediars tool to dump it).
2. put that at the root of a fat32 partition
3. get showmiiwads and change backup nand path to the root
4. load some wads into showmiiwads
5. right click on those wads, hit extract -> virtual nand, wait for it to be done
6. plug drive into Wii, launch triiforce (preferably triiforce mrc).

simple, 6 steps, maybe like 30 minutes worth of work.
Can I use NTFS? If not can I have 2 partitions? Thanks for the help.
EDIT: I remember the shoplifting channel. It looked awesome and I was excited for its release. Too bad it was never released. Really want to set up Triiforce, have tons of Wii DLC just waiting to be put on my (soon to be) emulated NAND.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fudgenuts64 said:
VashTS said:
you tard, hes not lying.

shoplifting channel that funny as well. downloading and patching on the fly is probably the better route, i guess if you are going to do something illegal (and stupid in this case) might as well do as little as possible.

1. dump your NAND using fs tool ( i forget the name, or use crediars tool to dump it).
5. right click on those wads, hit extract -> virtual nand, wait for it to be done

Can I use NTFS? NO
If not can I have 2 partitions? yes
Thanks for the help.
but I would recommend formatting your drive 100% fat32 (only good reason not to is if u use the drive to store single files that are greater than 4 GBs each (excluding wii games, which can be split into 4GB chunks). There aren't any wii related files (other than games) that are that large... but if u also use the hard drive on your computer, u may have PC ISOs or hi-def blue ray movie rips that exceed 4GBs

Fudge

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
fudgenuts64 said:
VashTS said:
you tard, hes not lying.

Can I use NTFS? NO
If not can I have 2 partitions? yes
Thanks for the help.
but I would recommend formatting your drive 100% fat32 (only good reason not to is if u use the drive to store single files that are greater than 4 GBs each (excluding wii games, which can be split into 4GB chunks). There aren't any wii related files (other than games) that are that large... but if u also use the hard drive on your computer, u may have PC ISOs or hi-def blue ray movie rips that exceed 4GBs
I would use FAT32, but I never understood how file splitting works with USB Loaders. Which directories should you put the files (using Config USB Loader). Data loss isn't a problem (I just recently lost 90 games on my HDD due to data corruption, I swear I am never using WBFS again).

Fudge

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
just use "wii backup manager" it will handle file splitting for u, and it works on wbfs, fat32 and ntfs... and it can import or export ISOs, cISOs, WBFS files etc.
Awesome, thanks! Gonna go get my HDD and start setting it up! Again, thank you for all the help!!!

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel your pain man
tongue.gif
I didn't lose quite as many but I did lose a few games, just re-ripped them though.Unless you don't own the games
tongue.gif
then it's a pain in the butt cause you'd have to redownload em

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading is faster here than ripping
biggrin.gif
(Usenet) Sabnzbd downloads the queue, checks the files and extracts them to the drive without asking the user anything (with extra script it even converts to wbfs files). Was way easier than with my first WBFS drive where you had to change the disc every 5-30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-