Would a NES Classic Edition be possible to build on your own?

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys! I have a very simple question for anyone who owns an NES Classic Edition (NES Mini). So as we all know, the NES Classic Edition runs on Linux. Since that is the case, it has a Linux compatible set of software (The emulator, frontend, etc.). My question is, would we be able to dump all of that and build our own NES Classic Edition with a Raspberry Pi or something similar? Yes, I do realize there is a program called RetroArch which does everything the NES Classic Edition does and more. However, I would like the really nice looking interface and very stable emulator that Nintendo provides with their NES Classic Edition. In fact, I would like to build a 1:1 version of the NES Classic Edition with a Raspberry Pi if we are able to get a nice dump of this device. Please let me know any information you may know on dumping the memory of the device or if you know if there is currently a dump available and can be run on Linux. Thanks for reading and as always, happy hacking!

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a kernel dump somewhere on the net, but I don't know if that's enough to build your own system.
I think you also need to know the components they used before it can work.

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a kernel dump somewhere on the net, but I don't know if that's enough to build your own system.
I think you also need to know the components they used before it can work.
I just want the emulator and front end programs used and run them under Linux which I'm pretty sure is possible.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I basically made my own using RetroPie and a Raspberry Pi 3 with an 8GB microSD. Currently has my favorite NES, SNES, Genesis, GameGear, GB, GBC, and GBA games, along with a few smaller Playstation 1 games. And I still have plenty of ROM space to spare after 671 ROMS! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again