Hacking would 20 awg work too?

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read some post on gbatemp, and somebody suggests 30 awg and some said 23 awg, but i can't find 23 awg in radio shack, but they have 20 awg available. I am just wondering if 20 awg works with wiikey? also what's the difference between awg and awm? sorry i am a bit noob here, but I would like to learn more. thank you very much.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggested 30AWG for data points, 22AWG for power/ground. In the instance of my other post, since he was in england and gauge of wire is different, I used a comparable metric size wire which is about 23AWG.

In your case, and in any case, 30AWG is fine all around, but I always advise thicker wire for power/ground points.

You can find both 30AWG and 22AWG @ radioshack.

edit: the bigger the number, the thinner the wire. 20AWG is thicker than 22, 22 is thicker than 30.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot guys, now i knew something new to me. I went to the radio store and tried to find 30awg, but i only found 30 awm, is there any difference?

x-power

I am 'Lookout'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those American having trouble finding the AWG wire, solder iron, and iron core radioshack.com have those listed.

Insulated Wrapping Wire (30AWG) for $3.99 USD + Free Shipping (recommend for beginner)

Standard Rosin-Core Solder (0.5 Oz.) for $1.99 + Free Shipping (recommend for beginner)
An Solder core (1 Oz.) also can be use only for those have professional skilled.

15-Watt Soldering Iron with Grounded Tip for $7.99 + Free Shipping (recommend for beginner)

or you could use 25-Watt Pencil for $7.99 + Free Shipping

30-Watt also can be use and just replace with a good iron tip.

mod_solder_tip.jpg

==========================
For UK trouble finder used maplin.co.uk
(coming soon)

User Posted Know as 'Lookout'.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's great, thank you everybody. I am all set, and i will solder my wii after i finishe with my finals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5