Hacking Worth to buy New 3DS XL? (Gateway etc.)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3DS preordered from Gamestop right now, reading the posts here I feel like I should cancel it and wait for Gateway. I just worry that Nintendo might start making 3DS with higher firmware by the time Gateway is finished. I was planning on not opening the new 3DS I preordered, then returning it within 30 days if I needed to. I really believe in Gateway to support the new 3DS.
People here over exaggerate the whole Gateway wait. They have the kernel exploitation done, they'd have to be pretty dumb to not release support for the slew of new customers getting potentially exploitable New 3DSs.

Reactions: MattKimura

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep.

To the OP:

A lot of people are giving out false information because they haven't either tried it or don't have a clue. I got the limited MM edition in the post today and the first thing I was blown away with was how much more responsive all the buttons are, especially the shoulder buttons (it's like going from a normal keyboard to a mechanical keyboard) The C stick is pretty crappy though, that should have been like the vita as in a proper analog stick.

Hardware is about twice as powerful (not just a small upgrade), as everything loads about twice as quick. The screens have more contrast and the Super stable 3D wasn't just hyped up by all those reviewers. I mean it's almost creepy, there's a little demo about how it tracks your face/body. Pretty cool and works in complete darkness too! Finally motion controls and proper 3D at the same time!!!

What I'm saying is that it's not just a simple upgrade and considering mine was v9.0 out of the box, now would be the perfect time to get one or else risk losing gateway compatibility.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People here over exaggerate the whole Gateway wait. They have the kernel exploitation done, they'd have to be pretty dumb to not release support for the slew of new customers getting potentially exploitable New 3DSs.

Thanks Shinyquagsire23, you always give the best replies.
That made up my mind, I'll keep the N3DS I preordered. Can't go wrong, not unless Gamestop updated the N3DS in stock. Not even sure if they can do that.
I can pretty much assure Gateway will run on this N3DS. Now the only thing left to worry about is how the system transfer will go from my 3DS XL.

Yep.

To the OP:

A lot of people are giving out false information because they haven't either tried it or don't have a clue. I got the limited MM edition in the post today and the first thing I was blown away with was how much more responsive all the buttons are, especially the shoulder buttons (it's like going from a normal keyboard to a mechanical keyboard) The C stick is pretty crappy though, that should have been like the vita as in a proper analog stick.

Hardware is about twice as powerful (not just a small upgrade), as everything loads about twice as quick. The screens have more contrast and the Super stable 3D wasn't just hyped up by all those reviewers. I mean it's almost creepy, there's a little demo about how it tracks your face/body. Pretty cool and works in complete darkness too! Finally motion controls and proper 3D at the same time!!!

What I'm saying is that it's not just a simple upgrade and considering mine was v9.0 out of the box, now would be the perfect time to get one or else risk losing gateway compatibility.

The features seem really nice, but I'm not sure if its worth the upgrade if you already have a brand new 3DS XL. I may be making a mistake to buy the N3DS and spend money on it. Even tho I'm selling my 3DS XL for about $180 on Ebay. It will still cost me a bit of cash since the N3DS cost $210.
So it will be like buying the N3DS for $30 instead of full price.

It's a tough decision, I already have it fully paid off in a preorder. I might just do it for the faster loading times, maybe it will help in emulators?

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So can we expect that the New 3DS holds longer then everything else? Or they may plan a 4DS. Since Xenoblade which is for new 3DS still looks very ugly on the Handhelt.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can we expect that the New 3DS holds longer then everything else? Or they may plan a 4DS. Since Xenoblade which is for new 3DS still looks very ugly on the Handhelt.

If you go by past releases Nintendo will likely release the next handheld in 2-3 years. I'm sure that depends on many factors, such as how well the N3DS sells, but Nintendo seems right on schedule for a holiday 2016 Japan release. That is an early estimate, but it makes sense when you look at the DSi to 3DS jump.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are plenty of people who wasted 200$ on a device they already had, and they created a bad situation both for themselves and for everybody else. Nintendo will keep doing this kind of customer abuse if they keep buying and supporting their decisions. Until Nintendo becomes the next SEGA.

Now those people go online and try to convince others to throw away money for a product they already had gotten 2-3 years ago. To feel better for themselves.

It's disgusting. Nintendo fans are among the worst in the world, only compared to Apple corporate slaves...

milh0use

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any news on this subject? :)
Any "confirmed" info from someone "on the street"?

Although I already have a EUR (Australia) N3DS, I'd really like to buy a USA one since my current 3DS XL Zelda edition is USA.
Where did you get the Australian N3DS?

I'm also searching here in Brazil the American N3DS, but it's almost impossible to find one.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly it works with games supporting the CPP.

If you guys haven't played any games that uses the c-stick than all the game does at first start up is ask you if you want to enable that option, you will have to press those additional buttons on the n3ds to confirm it or else it will use all of the regular 3ds buttons.

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So best think is to wait for Gateway if they support it. Sky3DS sounds ok, but I want to stick on Gateway. Never change a running System :>

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But I read on Gateway site right now, that the New 3DS can be downgraded to 4.5 isn't this not true anymore? So bascially if it get shipped with 9.2 we won, if not, we have to wait for new exploit from Gateway?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I read on Gateway site right now, that the New 3DS can be downgraded to 4.5 isn't this not true anymore? So bascially if it get shipped with 9.2 we won, if not, we have to wait for new exploit from Gateway?

where did you read this? Last I checked n3ds was released post 4.5 so it's impossible to downgrade to it.

Yep.

To the OP:

Ah nice to know it works in darkness. That was my one concern with the idea ^.^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1