Worth getting?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Geostar, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Geostar
    OP

Geostar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    It has been reported that this flashcart works on the Japanese 3DS. I have a UK 3DS pre-ordered for release day on March 25th. Is it worth getting a CycloDS iEvolution to go with it? I assume 3DS mode when cracked can be added later as the cart has an upgradable core.

2. Schicksalsheld

Schicksalsheld GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2009
    Gambia, The
    It seems to work on a Japanese 3DS, but only in DS Mode, DSi Mode isn't available because there is no Bootstrap for Japanese Consoles out there. I think it will be compatible with the UK 3DS and it should run in DSi Mode on it^^

3. haddad

haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    There are much cheaper flashcards that work on the 3DS, check here --> http://gbatemp.net/t281887-current-flashca...ng-with-the-3ds

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Well, Davi92 tried his friend's CycloDSi on a EU 3DS, and it seems it didn't work well.
    see his video here :
    http://gbatemp.net/t282909-eu-3ds-flashcar...sting?&st=0

Maybe they patched the firmware with protection against the DSi mode using cooking game exploit.
    As we couldn't try it on a JP 3DS as CycloDSi doesn't have a Japanese bootloader, we don't know if it's already like that since the start or if it's part of the latest firmware.

Davi92 didn't tell which firmware the 3DS was using.

5. blackops

blackops Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2011
    United States
    i did, pretty good so far. no complaints

6. ProjectVirtue

ProjectVirtue Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2007
    Canada
    he said that was only for DSi mode. which has a lot of random issues to begin with.
    the DS mode has been confirmed to work with cyclo on both EU and US models of the 3DS from the demo booths so far which is good news =]

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Don't assume anything about 3DS mode. It's just as likely it cannot be cracked, as the protection for that mode is more than just headers.