Gaming Worth Getting Dragon Quest Builders?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have about $50 to spend on Switch games. I can get 1 game (Dragon Quest Builders), or several other games such as Celeste and Steam Dig World. Is Dragon Quest Builders worth getting? I like Dragon Quest games, but the ones that are traditional RPGs. Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have about $50 to spend on Switch games. I can get 1 game (Dragon Quest Builders), or several other games such as Celeste and Steam Dig World. Is Dragon Quest Builders worth getting? I like Dragon Quest games, but the ones that are traditional RPGs. Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)
I have played the ps4 version and found it to be a rather interesting game. Its basically a combination of minecraft and dragon Quest with a side order of secret of mana lol.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally love the Dragon Quest Series as the rpg games. But Dragon Quest Builders is different. It is a mix of open level building with no deep story (in my opinion)

Please check out the demo! And look for youtube reviews. They are other games which I would buy.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Builders for the Vita. It's very much a fun game, though with it being in the same realm of Minecraft, relies heavily on your creativity as it doesn't hold your hand in this department. I'd say I agree with Issac. Get the demo, try it out and then make your decision. Either way, your choices aren't bad. You'll have fun with either one.

Aldrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, give the demo a chance--it's there for that very reason and only takes a few minutes to download. You'll get the opening area to explore and learn the gist of the game's finer points. If you're clever, you may even find your first dragon taking a snooze by the coast.

As for Builders in general, it's well worth the price in my opinion. Think of it as a more refined, polished take on the minecraft formula, only with an actual story, characters to interact with, monster variety, and a beautiful Sugiyama sound track to listen to. Plus with the switch version you get a sabertooth kitten to ride around on, and what more could anyone ask for?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like to play the original Dragon Warrior games every few years you will love it! DQ Builders feels very much like a 3D Dragon Warrior NES game. I never played Minecraft and am hooked from my DW history. The demo had me hooked from start to finish.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I love the DQ series but I didn’t really care for the builder games
I'd love to see Dragon Warrior Monsters. They remade Terry's Journey on the 3DS in the Japanese region. A new one for the switch taking full control of it's potential would be awesome.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought it on digital (there was a problem with stock because of snow in France). I really like it but be aware of some things. You start each chapter from 0(you keep the plans but don't keep items/hp and you start at a new city), the battle system is meh, construction area are pretty little and control can be a little clunky sometime.
But aside of that it's really addictive and fun if you like the concept. Try the demo :)
Oh also you don't have two player mode but you can share your construction in free mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good