Worst D-pad ever?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP's d-pad sucks balls compared to the d-pads on every other handheld/console out there.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can feel totally comfortable saying that the 360 controller has the worst d-pad ever. So bad in fact that an 'improved' version was released overseas for a footy game, and so bad that the folks out there making custom shells are now shipping the custom shell with a new d-pad and mechanism.

It's that bad.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 360 and the GC d-pads
just... oh my god what did they do? :\
EDIT: and my thumb hurts from playing SF:Alpha3 on my PSP
frown.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing in history compares to the PSP Phat's shitness, unlike the PSP Lite which has one of the best, The Dreamcast and the 360 are of equally as crap as each other.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MOST Dpad's suck because NINTENDO pretty much owns all the PATENTS for the + variant!

hence the PSP's open DPAD both ... a) looks crap and b) plays crap too!

and just about every other consoles attempt at a DPAD too due to the BIG 'N's Patent's/Lawyers!

for the topic XBOX 360 pad sucks but thank the lord for ANALOGUE sticks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about this one but my nes is presently the only D-pad I have ever seen with a third party one with a touch sensitive pad. I will try and dig it out and get a photo.

Edit. Can not find mine but found a picture:
turbotouchb.jpg

I thought it was ironic because it was my right thumb holding down A for an entire race in turbo racing.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, etc.

To the person earlier saying the Playstation 1 through 3, what the hell? Playstation pad is one of the best. D-Pad feels good too.

kobykaan said:
for the topic XBOX 360 pad sucks but thank the lord for ANALOGUE sticks!

THANK the LORD for CAPSLOCK!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Worst D-Pad ever? Is there even any doubt?

Gamecube is the clear winner with one of the worst D-pads ever, but luckily almost no games used the D-pad for anything important.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the DS Lite D-pad is atrocious. Really, it's a disgrace, I can hardly believe they didn't change that and the shoulder buttons on the DSi. Mine's pretty crappy right now, and it's the reason why I stopped playing it for a while.
And Soma Bringer was so fun... ):

GC and X360 also have really bad D-pads, but most of their games use the analog stick, so that's not that big of a problem. The DSL, on the other hand, not all games can be played exclusively on the screen.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Minox_IX said:
Worst D-Pad ever? Is there even any doubt?

Gamecube is the clear winner with one of the worst D-pads ever, but luckily almost no games used the D-pad for anything important.

Nintendo basically just used that D-pad as four extra buttons, they never intended anyone to use it for normal D-pad functions, just crap like changing camera angles or whatever. Apart from the left analogue stick on the GC pad I cant think of anything on it that wasnt a stupid idea, worst controller ever!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 d-pad no doubt
didnt really find anything wrong with GC d-pad, only used the stick though for all the games...

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The worst D-pad award goes to the xbox 360 controller. And I also didn't like the sega genesis d-pad, but that might be because mine has gotten old and wobbly over the years.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never get the feel of the original DS' D-pad.

The Gamecube D-pad is the worst one. Have you tried playing Super Punch-Out (unlockable on Fight Night Round 2) on that? Analog support isn't present on that so it was almost unplayable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end