Hacking world ends with you not working!

jordanpoison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the rom I downloaded crashes after about the second cutscene right after the frogs attack. anyone else had problems with this? I'm using the latest firmware and the rom is from *snip can someone help?

camintmier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I can think that the game might not work is that your SD card isn't fast enough. It's recommended that it be a Class 6 card, as they're the fastest. You can tell what yours is by looking for a C with a number inside of it. It'll either be a 2, a 4, or a 6.

For example, this is a picture of a "Silicon Power" microSDHC - Class 4.

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Do NOT link to sites that host ROMs!

Quote from the rules:
QUOTE said:
* We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
* Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
* Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
* We do not condone piracy in any way.
* Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
When this was originally found, several people found that opening and closing the DS several times (initiating standby) seemed to work.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
It's funny though because TWEWY can work on the R4DS (orginal flashcard) but the almighty CycloDS can't.
The only flash card that has a problem running TWEWY is the M3 (and possibly some of the obscure cards including the DS-X).
For the rest of the cards (Cyclo, R4, Acekard), the performance of TWEWY is determined by your MicroSD. It's a very picky so unless you have the famous Kingston 2GB Japan MicroSD, you'll likely experience problems.

And yes, closing the DS lid might help you pass the problematic part, but the best way is to download a save right after that part. I believe the rest of the game plays fine.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
The only flash card that has a problem running TWEWY is the M3 (and possibly some of the obscure cards including the DS-X).
For the rest of the cards (Cyclo, R4, Acekard), the performance of TWEWY is determined by your MicroSD. It's a very picky so unless you have the famous Kingston 2GB Japan MicroSD, you'll likely experience problems.

So why doesn't it work on my AK2.1 with the Kingston 2GB Japan MicroSD?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oscar21781 said:
DeMoN said:

Have you tried reformatting your MicroSD? Or removing some files from it to make it less cluttered?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
oscar21781 said:
DeMoN said:

Have you tried reformatting your MicroSD? Or removing some files from it to make it less cluttered?

I reformatted it using the Panasonic formatting tool.I just added the AKAIO and TWEWY and boom won't get past the frame with Beat.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
jordanpoison said:
the rom I downloaded crashes after about the second cutscene right after the frogs attack. anyone else had problems with this? I'm using the latest firmware and the rom is from *snip can someone help?

i had exactly the same issue myself for ages, with multiple dumps of both teh U and E roms but then after hunting round for a while, i came across a few posts somewhere here on gbatemp saying to turn off "battery saver mode". works fine after disableing the setting from the settings menu

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Canonbeat234 said:
It's funny though because TWEWY can work on the R4DS (orginal flashcard) but the almighty CycloDS can't.

And yes, closing the DS lid might help you pass the problematic part, but the best way is to download a save right after that part. I believe the rest of the game plays fine.

Well to answer back your statement, I have been using a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD when I was playing TWEWY on my R4 awhile back. It still works, I just don't play it anymore and I didn't get everything either =/

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:

I have a japanes 2gb Kingston, yet still run into this problem
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr