Homebrew Working Tegra x1 GC/Wii emulator hacking progress

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The difference of Nvidia with a normal device with Android is the dedicated components to optimize the games. I do not know what type of video chip it uses, but the Tegra x1 can not be ported to any other system other than Nividia Shield and such applications and video games are only compatible or optimized for that chip, just like the Nvidia ROM. If in the given case they manage to get hold of the Official Wii Emulator from Nvidia, surely a lot of work will have to be done to optimize it in other platforms.

Hopefully someone will be able to optimize Nividia Shield OS in Nintendo Switch because it is the only one that can take advantage of that system with the same Chip.

Reactions: Fadi5555
D

Deleted-442439

The difference of Nvidia with a normal device with Android is the dedicated components to optimize the games. I do not know what type of video chip it uses, but the Tegra x1 can not be ported to any other system other than Nividia Shield and such applications and video games are only compatible or optimized for that chip, just like the Nvidia ROM. If in the given case they manage to get hold of the Official Wii Emulator from Nvidia, surely a lot of work will have to be done to optimize it in other platforms.

Hopefully someone will be able to optimize Nividia Shield OS in Nintendo Switch because it is the only one that can take advantage of that system with the same Chip.

The Pixel C has a T210, would be interesting to see how it performs on that, it has the same specs, should work without issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i got snap installed , but it cant find the anbox installer

if i use the official anbox installer it tells me that it dont support aarch64

Hmm, I have not tried to get it working, but it is possible.

https://github.com/anbox/anbox/issues/637

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I already opened a thread about this:
We really wish to get nvidia shield tv os on switch.

by the way this is the link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-we-port-nvidia-shield-tv-os-on-nintendo-switch.503071/

Feel free to give your opinion there.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I already opened a thread about this:
We really wish to get nvidia shield tv os on switch.

by the way this is the link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-we-port-nvidia-shield-tv-os-on-nintendo-switch.503071/

Feel free to give your opinion there.

In that thread, I had downloaded the ROM Stock from Nvidia Shield TV China. But I still do not know what to do with those files, I do not have very good devices and hopefully I could port it to the official Emulator of Android Studio (Modifying the files that have the same structure), but my PC is horrible and I have problems to activate virtualization from the BIOS

D

Deleted User

The Pixel C has a T210, would be interesting to see how it performs on that, it has the same specs, should work without issue.

Hmm, I have not tried to get it working, but it is possible.

https://github.com/anbox/anbox/issues/637

Just tried to run Dolphin on my 2011 Macbook Pro using Software Rendering , i reached 35 fps on New Super Mario Bros , 60 Fps inside NFS Underground on the Menu but in game lags.

Dolphin needs alot of CPU but i guess if the switch could be clocked back to 2Ghz like the Shield and the GPU to 768 mhz dolphin would run easy at 60 fps

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dolphin is already running great under linux NFS Underground reaches from 40 to 50 fps on my device

I'd rather see Dolphin have its own dedicated port for the Switch instead of having to go through an OS that's likely already using up precious resources. (Yes, I understand that's asking a bit much of the Dolphin team, but at least a port like Retroarch would be nice.)

D

Deleted User

I'd rather see Dolphin have its own dedicated port for the Switch instead of having to go through an OS that's likely already using up precious resources. (Yes, I understand that's asking a bit much of the Dolphin team, but at least a port like Retroarch would be nice.)

you could use Dolphin for RA but here is the click ... nobody is working on GPU Drivers for the Switch Deaken (Schala) Seems to Stopped same for Qlutoo

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that thread, I had downloaded the ROM Stock from Nvidia Shield TV China. But I still do not know what to do with those files, I do not have very good devices and hopefully I could port it to the official Emulator of Android Studio (Modifying the files that have the same structure), but my PC is horrible and I have problems to activate virtualization from the BIOS
We really need someone who familiar with these things. Because that's will be a huge step if we get it to work.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you could use Dolphin for RA but here is the click ... nobody is working on GPU Drivers for the Switch Deaken (Schala) Seems to Stopped same for Qlutoo

Be that as it may, I feel fairly certain that a direct port would be better over the Linux solution we're currently hacking together. It should only be a matter of time before someone works on compatible drivers for the Switch.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On the right side is the ROM Stock of Android Nividia Shield TV and on the left is a ROM downloaded with the NVPACK

Captura de pantalla (124).png

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 100% agree with you.
We really need a Nintendo switch port of dolphin to run on LibNX
We already have JIT but we still need gpu driver to run it in fullspeed.

Also we don't forget to getting vulkan api support. If that's happened I'll grantee we'll get a big boost.
Because it'll enhance and help for speed up any kind of emulator.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
It might only be functional enough to run those 2 games as well.

The Zelda title is one of the GCs most demanding so running that is a good sign for mods via the wrapper.

yes i have one and i have Hyperspin setup with thousands of games. Gamecube and wii runs perfect and up-scales to hd

Could you elucidate on that? I’m tempted to get a shield for emulation, mainly Dreamcast, and was wondering what it’s overall compatibility is like. Better than og Xbox?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, should be possible since we have full hardware access. GC/Wii isn't very GPU heavy anyway and apparently Dolphin on Switch Linux managed to run Dolphin at 25/30 FPS with OpenGL, once we have Vulkan working FPS should increase further.
That Android-based emulator is probably not going to have very good compatibility, it's probably going to be like N64 VC on Wii where the emulator is tailored towards certain games to make those games run fullspeed without glitches, but with most other games maybe not working at all, or working but with heavy glitches.
Dolphin though already has great compatibility so it's a good starting point, and if it already runs this well on a platform it was never designed for (since it's the desktop version of Dolphin people are running), there's hope for it running fullspeed in the somewhat near future.
But isnt it due to people palying with the emu settings? Im pretty sure i saw a tweet of someone running double dash at 40fps but stated that settings had to be changed.

So, it isnt impossible to run dolphin on switch, but in-game assets/effects have to be altered in order to maintaing a proper frame rate.

D

Deleted User

But isnt it due to people palying with the emu settings? Im pretty sure i saw a tweet of someone running double dash at 40fps but stated that settings had to be changed.

So, it isnt impossible to run dolphin on switch, but in-game assets/effects have to be altered in order to maintaing a proper frame rate.

i mean my mac can run New Super Mario with 25 to 35 Fps with Soft Renders , so the switch with gpu should do it almost without any issues.

funny is also that NFS Runs Full speed on my mac up to the Menu it lags on In Game

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean my mac can run New Super Mario with 25 to 35 Fps with Soft Renders , so the switch with gpu should do it almost without any issues.

funny is also that NFS Runs Full speed on my mac up to the Menu it lags on In Game
The problen here is that dolphin doesnt necesary needs a powerful gpu to run at full speed. If not, the pcs over at my university wouldnt run mario kart wii at 60 fps since they dont have a proper gpu, just a integrated intel one :P

D

Deleted User

The problen here is that dolphin doesnt necesary needs a powerful gpu to run at full speed. If not, the pcs over at my university wouldnt run mario kart wii at 60 fps since they dont have a proper gpu, just a integrated intel one :P

makes sense , idk dolphin is very cpu related if we could clock the switch cpu back to 1,2 ghz it should give a proper boost (and in the future using vulkan)

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
makes sense , idk dolphin is very cpu related if we could clock the switch cpu back to 1,2 ghz it should give a proper boost (and in the future using vulkan)
The switch cpu could indeed be clocked higher, my only fear is what could happen to the battery's life... unless you use it mostly docked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-