Working one day, not the next?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by drakegraves, Aug 15, 2016.

1. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    Hey all, I'm trying to load Twilight Princess HD via loadiine. I had it working before, and played well into the game.

I then removed the image from my SD card to make room for something else, and now upon copying it back, black screen.

It's the same image as before, I tried unzipping it again just to be sure. Loadiine still boots all my other images just fine. I'm on 5.5.1.

I know there are similar threads to this, with blackscreens and all, but what about a very specific image that HAD been working and now doesn't?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    What launch method is the game set to? Also try deleting or renaming the save file so Loadiine creates a new one.

3. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    Apparently winrar wasn't extracting the entire archive, and it wasn't returning any errors either. I only found out when I went to launch the game and realized there was no splash screen or icon, which meant there was no metadata folder. When I cross referrenced the zip file, there was supposed to be a metadata folder, so I guess it just didn't want to extract.

Thanks for obliging me. If I get a blackscreen in the future I'll try deleting the saves and messing with the launch method! I actually didn't know about SSB mode until today, somehow... I have an eshop version of the game, but I've been avoiding playing it all, being paranoid about updates

Last edited by drakegraves, Aug 15, 2016