Working Flash Drives for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dMilesFox, Jan 5, 2009.

1. dMilesFox
    OP

dMilesFox Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Hello guys, I just saw there is an option to backup wii games over wi-fi, and also via usb as well. I just want to know which brands and models are accepted by the wii, and of course if it supports or not 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB or/and 16GB flash drive.

If someone could provide a list of compatible flash drive this could help not just me, maybe many more users. I'm just planning to get one cuz the wi-fi method takes lots of times, no matter if I use the fastest connection speed available on the market (wifi).

2. maduin

maduin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
  3. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006
    Wifi is quicker than USB for backing up.

4. dMilesFox
    OP

dMilesFox Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Are you totally sure about that!? I mean, an USB flash drive speed should be greater than a wifi connection!! or its something that only applies on the Wii!???

5. dMilesFox
    OP

dMilesFox Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Thanx a lot for that link. I was checking the list but I cant find a way to search for a specific flash drive using the info on that list. Example...

Kingston Data traveler. in the list there is a number, but I tried to search that device on different websites and there is no such data available when it comes to get one flash drive, at least the websites I visited (amazon.com was one)

Some pictures could help a lot that list!

6. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice