Working Flash Drives for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dMilesFox, Jan 5, 2009.

Jan 5, 2009

Working Flash Drives for Wii by dMilesFox at 8:10 PM (1,221 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dMilesFox
    OP

Newcomer dMilesFox Newbie

Costa Rica
    Hello guys, I just saw there is an option to backup wii games over wi-fi, and also via usb as well. I just want to know which brands and models are accepted by the wii, and of course if it supports or not 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB or/and 16GB flash drive.

If someone could provide a list of compatible flash drive this could help not just me, maybe many more users. I'm just planning to get one cuz the wi-fi method takes lots of times, no matter if I use the fastest connection speed available on the market (wifi).

2. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Wifi is quicker than USB for backing up.

4. dMilesFox
    OP

Costa Rica
    Are you totally sure about that!? I mean, an USB flash drive speed should be greater than a wifi connection!! or its something that only applies on the Wii!???

5. dMilesFox
    OP

Costa Rica
    Thanx a lot for that link. I was checking the list but I cant find a way to search for a specific flash drive using the info on that list. Example...

Kingston Data traveler. in the list there is a number, but I tried to search that device on different websites and there is no such data available when it comes to get one flash drive, at least the websites I visited (amazon.com was one)

Some pictures could help a lot that list!

6. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom