Homebrew Working downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2!

Daidouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think he means the old SysUpdater...
Ohh IC... I guess that happens... I did soft bricked my console once using "SafeSysUpdater" it failed after NATIVE_FIRM was downgraded so I had to upgrade to 10.5 at that time and had to wait until now to downgrade that console :S

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fairly late to this
I guess so!

I'm fairly new to this thread, just downgraded a bnew n3ds XL with stock FW 10.3, the old sysupdater kinda problematic of black screen and system freeze, also encountered "An Error Has Occured" in the middle of the process but luckily it still boot properly with incomplete 9.2 FW and would require to redo the process. That's why I'm asking if this would also work below 10.6 since according to the feedback, majority got their system downgraded in 1st try. :)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Except once you have the entry point you can install Menuhax and have it set to boot HBL on keyhold

then you have your game back
in which also since you have HB access through Menuhax you can still install OOThax and also backup your save on the fly

Would require having sig patches to run in the first place since its homebew
Video Channels Creator doesn't create signed CIAs so you can use them only on a CFW...
Oh yeah. Told you I was dumb.

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
use the homebrew app, save manager and backup all your saves

Thanks! Already have HBL entry point on my 3DS via OoTHAX. What save game manager would you guys recommend? I think some have problems with 9.6+ games? I couldn't back up my save for FF Explorers.

Nocto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The downgrade was the easiest part...but after 2 days, I still can't get to launch FBI nor DevMenu to proceed, so I'm restoring the sysnand and think about what to do tomorrow :/

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fairly late to this

I'm fairly new to this thread, just downgraded a bnew n3ds XL with stock FW 10.3, the old sysupdater kinda problematic of black screen and system freeze, also encountered "An Error Has Occured" in the middle of the process but luckily it still boot properly with incomplete 9.2 FW and would require to redo the process. That's why I'm asking if this would also work below 10.6 since according to the feedback, majority got their system downgraded in 1st try. :)
Yes, I recommended sysUpdater-10-4 at #3dshacks to an user who couldn't make sysUpdater-memchunkhax2 work. It worked at the first try. I think that console was 9.6.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
what current entry point exists for either 9.9 sys fw and 10.6 ?

a friend of mine is on 9.9 and is there a way for him to access the HB in order to use the downgrader or not ?
he does not have oot or cn, only sky3ds card.

D

Deleted User

After bricked 2 new 3ds XL EU.
Downgrade=>9.9 to 9.2.

I downgrade successfully my other new 3ds XL EU . Downgrade=>10.6 to 9.2

Do you know why they bricked? Also were you able to recover them? I'm importing a EUR N3DS and want to avoid the possible brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__