Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
r4li.com said:
blazingwolf said:
Did the original R4li work with Wood R4 or did their team modify it to work on their card?

We work alone. The GUI of this R4 loader is built from the open source WOOD RPG.

*snip*
Quick question, but what are the changes of the loader compared to the buggy R4 1.24 firmware (the changelog)?

r4li.com

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Rockstar said:
canderousa said:
laxman0220 said:
r4li.com said:
I'm the developer of www.r4li.com
we release a new firmware, too, based on AKRPG GUI.
*snip*

what's different about your firmware, compared to wood r4 1.05?

Probably nothing. Sounds like a greedy money hording site trying to make money on Wood's accomplishments. I'd boycott their card because they sound like a bunch of greedy scumbags!
Shut up.
R4li is what brought the R4 back to life for a short period of time, their version of the firmware uses their own R4li loader insted of WOOD's so isnt it better having 2 teams supporting R4?

Thanks guys. The main difference between WoodR4 and r4li is the game loader. We use our own loader. anyway, the GUI is the same. The gui is come from the open source WOOD RPG.
*snip*

r4li.com

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
z.g said:
thiefraccoon said:
was it announced when the source will be released?sources was released yesterday. and as result:
QUOTE(r4li.com @ Apr 14 2010, 05:56 PM) I'm the developer of *snip*
*snip*
wood firmware series licensed under GPL3. so, where is a full sources of your firmware?

The part of GUI is open now.
*snip*

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r4li.com said:
z.g said:
thiefraccoon said:
was it announced when the source will be released?sources was released yesterday. and as result:
QUOTE(r4li.com @ Apr 14 2010, 05:56 PM) I'm the developer of *snip*
*snip*
wood firmware series licensed under GPL3. so, where is a full sources of your firmware?

The part of GUI is open now.
*snip*

hey i know u guys r the r4 team and everything , but do u think u cud port this to the dstt?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
They aren't the R4 team, and why ask them to port it to the DSTT? They have nothing to do with the DSTT. Since it's open source, it's possible someone might port it, but it's probably going to be a DSTT user.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eyeball226 said:
They aren't the R4 team, and why ask them to port it to the DSTT? They have nothing to do with the DSTT. Since it's open source, it's possible someone might port it, but it's probably going to be a DSTT user.

I know they have nothing to do with the dstt and ya the r4 team disbanded a long time ago, but they're kinda the closest thing. I was just wondering if maybe there's the slightest chance that they'd do it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
I know they have nothing to do with the dstt and ya the r4 team disbanded a long time ago, but they're kinda the closest thing. I was just wondering if maybe there's the slightest chance that they'd do it.

Why would they want to do that for? They have no interest in the DSTT. You're pissing in the wind...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
laxman0220 said:

Why would they want to do that for? They have no interest in the DSTT. You're pissing in the wind...

tk_saturn_devil.jpg

-another world

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
DjoeN said:
4bc62c53b0618-screenshot_Wood_R4.jpg

I know it's stupid, but this little altered "Black" skin fits more the new "Wood R4" for "Original R4 Revolution"?
biggrin.gif

Download here (MediaFire)

It isn't stupid. Me and my OCD thank you
smile.gif

Also I hate being a newcomer even though I have been here 8 years+

Also Also thank you for this firmware it's appreciated.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find it extraordinary that the R4DS themes have such an influence on retention of its firmware. Seems many R4 users struggle/can't let go of the out-dated firmware in lieu of this exceptional custom firmware.
It almost seems if they can't dual boot with original firmware, then they won't ever change....once again, extraordinary!
wacko.gif

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Another World said:
tk_saturn said:
laxman0220 said:

tk_saturn_devil.jpg

-another world

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

You nearly made me choke on my bread.

trace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
trace said:
IF someone has the time, how do i soft reset or exit out of moonshell2 in wood r4?
Homebrew soft reset doesn't work... but there is something you can do.

1). Make a copy of WoodR4's _DS_MENU.DAT file on your desktop
2). Decrypt it (Drag/Drop it onto R4dec.exe) with R4denc
3). Rename the decrypted file to "R4TF.NDS"
4). Place it into \Moonshl2\resetmse on your flashcart
Now in Moonshell2, you can then press Start to bring up a menu and then "Exit to Firmware" to get back to WoodR4
First, i want to thank you for the help. but sadly i get a white screen
frown.gif
, it's probably cuz i have a m3 simply (not sure if that matters). any suggestions, if not its cool
smile.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
Hey guys how about this idea. Spam the GBAtemp exclusive image at least twice in every folder.
Make it so that the images must be present in order to run
laugh.gif

On a serious note, many thanks to YWG. I did upgrade to an AK2i last year, but it's nice to know that the ol' R4 can still be useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay