Hacking Wood R4 Cheats Not Working for Spirit Tracks (US)

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola!

Been playing Spirit Tracks a bunch the past few days and I'm trying to get an invincible train cheat code working to make travel easier.

I'm using Wood R4 on my M3simply. I got the usrcheat.dat file from a different thread on this forum and enabled cheats on all games (settings-> Global (ON) or something is how it appears), but when I select the game, press X for cheats, nothing happens, other buttons can still be pressed so it's not hanging, it just doesn't bring up a list of cheats for the game.

Another person (one of the top threads on this page) had a similar problem with Pokemon Pearl, suggesting to make your own .cht file in notepad and this is what I did to try and workaround the problem. Here's how my file looks:

CODE;@@@@ Game Title: Spirit Tracks
;@@@@ Game Code: BKIE 94771A5D
;@@@@ CRC32: BKIE 94771A5D
;@@@@ Number Of Cheats: 1
;@@Folder Name: Codes

@Infinite Train Health
;@Data Length: 3
;------------------
520D3FF0 E5902024
020D3FF4 E1A0300C
D2000000 00000000

Only the one cheat code, as you can see. I looked again and there is no Master Code, so I'm not missing that. I did check and the file is not saved a .cht.txt, the filename is exactly the same as the rom (Spirit Tracks.cht vs Spirit Tracks.nds). Not sure what else the problem could be, but hopefully someone here can help!

Edit: I did update to the wood r4 1.15 firmware and the problem still persists

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
37 views, just curious, did I not provide enough information or have people seeing it generally not known the answer?

Edit: Before I switched to Woodr4 I just used the m3simply firmware that was on the card when I got it, and I used the action replay code manager thing to put codes onto it, could I do something similar with this new firmware?

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do that when I have more time, thanks Yoshi.

I put the .cht file in the /Games folder along with the rom, that is where the previous thread said to put it. And the usrcheat.dat or whatever the filename is, is in the /cheats folder

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtu.be/LM2F56uK0fs