Hacking Wood R4 Cheats Not Working for Spirit Tracks (US)

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola!

Been playing Spirit Tracks a bunch the past few days and I'm trying to get an invincible train cheat code working to make travel easier.

I'm using Wood R4 on my M3simply. I got the usrcheat.dat file from a different thread on this forum and enabled cheats on all games (settings-> Global (ON) or something is how it appears), but when I select the game, press X for cheats, nothing happens, other buttons can still be pressed so it's not hanging, it just doesn't bring up a list of cheats for the game.

Another person (one of the top threads on this page) had a similar problem with Pokemon Pearl, suggesting to make your own .cht file in notepad and this is what I did to try and workaround the problem. Here's how my file looks:

CODE;@@@@ Game Title: Spirit Tracks
;@@@@ Game Code: BKIE 94771A5D
;@@@@ CRC32: BKIE 94771A5D
;@@@@ Number Of Cheats: 1
;@@Folder Name: Codes

@Infinite Train Health
;@Data Length: 3
;------------------
520D3FF0 E5902024
020D3FF4 E1A0300C
D2000000 00000000

Only the one cheat code, as you can see. I looked again and there is no Master Code, so I'm not missing that. I did check and the file is not saved a .cht.txt, the filename is exactly the same as the rom (Spirit Tracks.cht vs Spirit Tracks.nds). Not sure what else the problem could be, but hopefully someone here can help!

Edit: I did update to the wood r4 1.15 firmware and the problem still persists

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
37 views, just curious, did I not provide enough information or have people seeing it generally not known the answer?

Edit: Before I switched to Woodr4 I just used the m3simply firmware that was on the card when I got it, and I used the action replay code manager thing to put codes onto it, could I do something similar with this new firmware?

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
Try the new Cheats Here
then open them in R4cce, Check the games ID, if it is incorrect fix it, then try it.

Also are you sure you are putting the cheat file in the right directory?

Kynaeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do that when I have more time, thanks Yoshi.

I put the .cht file in the /Games folder along with the rom, that is where the previous thread said to put it. And the usrcheat.dat or whatever the filename is, is in the /cheats folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8