Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter Another World
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 314,532
  • Replies Replies 893
  • Likes Likes 2
finalfantasy3 said:
When you load up the save (it's in Chapter 13 of the game) go into Ghost mode and just drag to the right and it'll prompt you to talk to the Minister. He'll talk a bit, then it'll open up with some dialogue options. Once you quickly click through all the text boxes, then a black/white "flashback" scene will begin with cinema strips on the top/bottom. After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.go till place where red-hair girl make call to minister from green street phone — dont get any freeze.
QUOTE(ezzieyguywuf @ Jan 24 2011, 04:10 PM) Is there any way to potentially recover the save-file?
never hear about such possibility.
 
ywg said:
finalfantasy3 said:
When you load up the save (it's in Chapter 13 of the game) go into Ghost mode and just drag to the right and it'll prompt you to talk to the Minister. He'll talk a bit, then it'll open up with some dialogue options. Once you quickly click through all the text boxes, then a black/white "flashback" scene will begin with cinema strips on the top/bottom. After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.
go till place where red-hair girl make call to minister from green street phone — dont get any freeze.

You mean go back? I'm on Chap 13 right now. There's no options from where I am until the freeze mostly, it's just straight text bubbles really. I tried going back and visiting other places via phone but nothing anywhere. :S Or are you saying to start from an earlier chapter save and it won't happen...
 
finalfantasy3 said:
You mean go back? I'm on Chap 13 right now.
i'm using your save and your instructions.
i load your save:
gt1z.png
gt2.png
there is no any girl here:
gt3.png
looks like "After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.":
gt4t.png
girl:
gt5pe.png
 
hey, when i go to filetrip to download the wood r4 firmware, my antivirus says that theres a malware, I think it is recent because I always go to that site for download the firmware. What Hapened?
 
ywg said:
finalfantasy3 said:
You mean go back? I'm on Chap 13 right now.
i'm using your save and your instructions.
i load your save:
gt1z.png
gt2.png
there is no any girl here:
gt3.png
looks like "After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.":
gt4t.png
girl:
gt5pe.png

Oh my goodness, it worked for you? No matter what rom I tried it wouldn't go past that scene where he turns his head in the flashback! Thank you for looking over it, do you think there is a new setting or something that could be causing an error? I'll reinstall the latest firmware again to be triple sure right now, also.

Edit: I double-triple checked to make sure I had the latest Wood installed, and I do. Still getting the freeze during that flashback cut scene!

Edit x 2: IT WORKS! I tried one last rom. I believe this is an unpatched, clean rom. The file is the one that's offered that is originally an "nd5" -- I can't believe it's working! I can't tell you how grateful I am for you looking into it and showing me that it was fixable, and so quickly. ^____^
 
Hope im ok reporting this here,
Im using woodrpg 1.23 with latest USRCHEAT.DAT and have noticed a problem with cheats (I think?).

When I press Y on a rom and then X to show cheatlist, sometimes depending on the game nothing happens. Not every game with cheats failed but I think there must be a bug.
Pokemon Platinum (E) was the game I noticed the problem with first. I cannot get the cheat list to show.
Zelda Spirit Tracks (E) also iirc. (I will do some more tesing and provide more details).

Thanks and I hope you can help.

EDIT:Sorry about that, the roms had a different CRC to those in the usrcheat.dat that was all.
 
I downloaded the R4 v.1.23 Wood and Wood RPG 1.06 for my R4 SDHC, but the wood system is failing to write nds.sav in the folder where the game is located.

I tried to convert my save files from the R4. Wood can read the converted file but not write it.

What might be happening?
 
#Dandy-Br said:
I downloaded the R4 v.1.23 Wood and Wood RPG 1.06 for my R4 SDHC, but the wood system is failing to write nds.sav in the folder where the game is located.
I tried to convert my save files from the R4. Wood can read the converted file but not write it.
What might be happening?
I don't even think your flashcart is legitimately supported by WoodR4...so of course it wouldn't work correctly.
 
This should be the case. I tried a version for the R4 clones in this link but it had the same problem.

I tried to update the firmware of the R4 for 1.34 but the latest roms do not work, as I had reported.

There is another firmware that I can test it?

Or if my R4 is a clone, how can I know the type of flashcard from which he was cloned?
 
Game name: Pokémon HeartGold

Release number: 4787

CRC: ? Unsure

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is: In version Wood R4 1.23, game freezes after Soft Reset after continue and before it.
 
finalfantasy3 said:
Game name: Ghost Trick

Release number: 5368

CRC: ? Unsure

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is: Game freezes at a certain scene.

What you did to debug it: Can't get past this point with any version of the ROM available online.

How you can repeat the bug:

When you load up the save (it's in Chapter 13 of the game) go into Ghost mode and just drag to the right and it'll prompt you to talk to the Minister. He'll talk a bit, then it'll open up with some dialogue options. Once you quickly click through all the text boxes, then a black/white "flashback" scene will begin with cinema strips on the top/bottom. After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.

This bug happens for me no matter what ROM I use! I haven't been able to figure out a workaround of any sort. I have the latest version of Wood R4 (1.23).

Below is a link to download my SAV *snip

*snip

My save data: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DY0KWIY

Thanks for any help in advance! I've been on standby with this bug for about a week now clinging to the possibility that someone would mention it!

I'm using 1.23 as well, I went through Ghost Trick with no problems. :/ Here, let me give you the link to where I downloaded my file.
http://downloadfreeroms.kamranweb.com/2011...-trick-usa.html
Try a patched version.
 
Game name: Inazuma Eleven (E)

Release number: 5534

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is: In version Wood R4 1.23, game freezes after Axel join you in fight against the Royal Academy.
 
Using woodrpg 123, clean installation, recently formatted mSD. 2 small bugs to report:

What the bug is:File info displaying incorrect size for certain types of file (.gba.sav and folders).
File info shows for example a .gba.sav file as 128.02 bytes instead of 128.00 bytes. Folders are 0 bytes, although this may be normal behaviour best I mention it as well in case.
What you did to debug it: I checked my mSD card wasn't corrupt and also checked the files themselves reported correct size info on windows. The files themselves are fine and wood reads them fine.
How you can repeat the bug: Use wood file info on a .gba.sav file or folder.

What the bug is:The Tools menu doesnt remember rumble setting?
What you did to debug it:I set the rumble (Low/Mid/High etc) but its always set to off when I re-enter the tools window. Is this supposed to be this way I was not sure about this. Thanks.
 
kineticUK said:
What the bug is:File info displaying incorrect size for certain types of file (.gba.sav and folders).
File info shows for example a .gba.sav file as 128.02 bytes instead of 128.00 bytes.i think your file not 128 bytes but 131088. 131088/1024=128.015625…?128.02 kilobytes.
QUOTE said:
Folders are 0 bytes, although this may be normal behaviour best I mention it as well in case.currently yes — this is feature
smile.gif

QUOTE
What the bug is:The Tools menu doesnt remember rumble setting?
there is no way to know current rumble state from 3in1. so tools menu only set rumble state but dont' show current.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted