Wood Firmware Sources Released

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is normmatt having a bad day? I read his recent posts, and they're not that nice
mellow.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normmatt said:
laxman0220 said:
is normmatt having a bad day? I read his recent posts, and they're not that nice
mellow.gif
Its because everyone around here is so idiotic and annoying.
You should be happy.
I think, that they(not these noobs here, but the hackers behind the AKAIO hack etc) won't try to hack your awesome firmware anymore, but just port this for clones.

My opinion tho.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
GPL not too many issues rising from that but definitely seems like YWG is a good guy to release his firmwares showing that he is doing this purely for ppl to "game"

Also note that it is GPL v3 and not the older GPL v2 (the Linux kernel is GPL v2).

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you call a noob.
There are those of us that have been using exploits since the C64 days but still would have a fuken clue how to write a single line of code.
Then there are the real noobs who have never even tried to run a hack or exploit.

The problem is, Normatt generally refers to anyone not heavily into the Linux coding scene a noob or an idiot.

Edit: actually, I think most people in general, noobs or not, just plain piss him off. Still...... You have got to love his work
grog.gif

goldblade123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UltraMagnus said:
laxman0220 said:
mellow.gif

No, I guess it is just YWG is showing him up by releasing his source code when norm doesn't.

No normmatt doesn't want tons of clones ruining the team acekard's name + akaio contains some stuff of the ak2i. Which was entrusted to him.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
laxman0220 said:
mellow.gif

No he's always hated n00bs. Nothing's changed LaxativesMan.
Yeah basically. I'm sure he's a nice guy when you get to know him but he's that kind of guy that doesn't help those who don't know the basics. Like if you have an R4 and you ask how can you get AKAIO on there, he will basically soak you in kerosene, flame you until you're burnt to a crisp and then MAYBE feed you to his dog if you're good enough. But if you're having a legitimate problem, he'll help you out, no sweat.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salax said:
So if I wanted to modify this, what language and tools would I need? I checked it out, but don't know what to do with the files
tongue.gif
Reposting this, ignoring Normatt.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitbyte said:
It's C++. If you could't figure that out, I don't think you'll be able to modify the source code lol.
Lol, probably. Thanks anyway.

Edit--Wow I feel stupid. I searched the folder for ".c" and there are a ton of files I somehow missed while looking earlier. Facepalm.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
UltraMagnus said:
laxman0220 said:
mellow.gif

No, I guess it is just YWG is showing him up by releasing his source code when norm doesn't.
how is releasing his source showing him up?
it's a generous thing to do but it's in no way an impressive thing...

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
Pliskron said:
I wonder how long it's going to take for all R4 clones to start using this as the default firmware.

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221023]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221023[/url]

about a day.

-another world

too bad they can't save

Posts merged

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:10 PM)
Some one should really port this to DSTT ... that way we can get rid of all the fags that ask for game fixes :/

i bet they'll still ask
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work