Hacking Wondering if I should update my CFW

kaylapuppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently hooked up my old PS3 and I was wondering whats changed in the CFW scene in the last couple of years.
I'm currently running Rogero 4.55 CFW, and as far as I know all my games work using Multiman 4.76.

Should I bother updating to a newer CFW or leave things the way they are ? If yes which CFW ?
What are the benefits?
Also keep in mind that I don't go online at all, so Im not concerned with being able to log into PSN.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm on 4.81 spoofed to 4.82. is there any major difference between that and the newest version?
The only difference (excluding any introduced by CFWs) is new decryption keys for bluray commercial movies

My thoughts exactly. Maybe what I should be asking is what's the best game manager (launcher) ? I've been totally out of the scene for the past few years.
My choice is Webman Mod + Irisman's standalone file manager, but there's no universally best one (else why make others? lol)
I tend to prefer packages, actually

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My thoughts exactly. Maybe what I should be asking is what's the best game manager (launcher) ? I've been totally out of the scene for the past few years.
I've only just got my PS3 back out of storage as the kids wanted to play SingStar, so I'm not fully caught up myself. I decided to install Rebug 4.82.2 + mmCM 4.82 + webMAN MOD 1.47.08. Mainly, because I wanted better fan control and also so I could easily mount the SingStar ISO's right from XMB.

Bear in mind there is something called NoPayStation now too so read up on that as it's pretty cool.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0