Hacking Wlip

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To whoever said it was likely to fall off during transport: Not so likely. This is the same solution they used for solderless PS2 mod chips, and they don't "fall off" at all.

This just might make me finally mod my wii...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm , another clip on system. I don't think these will work too well and will probably end up breaking alot of systems. Clips always seem to be total crap and break stuff. Some internal 9000X series ps1 vcd players = clip system = bad. DMS EZI = Clip system = bad. Lots of dead ps2's out there from them.Â

We'll see though , i suppose some one has to get it right at some point.

How did the other clip-ons break those systems? Not sure how it could break anything if you do it right.

I haven't chipped my Wii yet so this looks like an awesome solution. I'll wait till I hear a review and then order
wink2.gif

Does nintendo know when you open your console? if it has a sticker can't you just peel it off carefully then put it back? It would be perfect if nintendo couldn't detect anything if you sent your Wii in for repairs
biggrin.gif

Clips are cheaply manfactured , clearences between pins are not precise enough , shorts occur = dead console. Also clips can apply too much pressure and break the ic legs. Clips not sitting right cos they are cheap and having to be taken off , fiddled with to get contact etc.

Not saying it will happen with this , just so far pretty much every clip on type system has been cheap & nasty and causes problems. Do a quick search for problems with the dms ezi and you will see many , many people have problems with them either just plain not working , or damaging stuff cos of the cheaply made clips.

They could get it right and it'll work great , but we'll see.

kernelPANIC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Google Translation link to that article

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie.../language_tools

Not exactly the greatest translation, but it's better than nothing. Seems like its pretty much nothing different than what we already know.Â

The only thing I see that is different really is the possibility of two different models. The translation says "He received the B version for a wii's come standard with 3 feet items in the controller." So it sounds like there are separate Wlip adapters for cut legs (Model A I'm assuming) and one for non-cut legs (Model B, which is the one in the article).

Also seems like it won't be available for at least two more months according to some user posts in that preview. I'm looking forward to this very much for a number of reasons.

That translation is roughly correct. I'd only like to add that they mention they might make some changes on the final design based on suggestions from the end users, so perhaps there will be a third version of the Wlip available.

Let me know if you want me to do a proper translation of any part of that preview or the upcoming review they will release on ElOtroLado.

DemonHeadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you don't have to solder the wiikey. With the wiikey you have 2 options. Solder or Clip on
biggrin.gif

Still you don't do anything to the board
biggrin.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're worried about it falling off, maybe a little tape or even a few dabs of superglue. Or maybe if you rest the wii horizontally and upside down so the clip isn't hanging off.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No you don't have to solder the wiikey. With the wiikey you have 2 options. Solder or Clip on
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
By solder or clip on do you mean solder or clip on to the Wlip? Let me rephrase that.

If you have the wiikey, wlip, and wii, can you clip the wiikey on to the wlip, then clip the wlip onto the wii?
unsure.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

By solder or clip on do you mean solder or clip on to the Wlip? Let me rephrase that.

If you have the wiikey, wlip, and wii, can you clip the wiikey on to the wlip, then clip the wlip onto the wii?
unsure.gif
People don't have a problem with soldering onto the wiikey. The problem that inspired this product is the 3 cut legs.

wiithepeople

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

unsure.gif
People don't have a problem with soldering onto the wiikey. The problem that inspired this product is the 3 cut legs.
So Wiikey does need soldering onto Wlip? Darn
dry.gif
cuz I have no soldering experience at all.
wacko.gif

Then all modchips have to be soldered onto the Wlip, right? They can't just be clicked on? I thought this product was made to avoid soldering...

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know I'm a bit paranoid about soldering, but only when it comes to actually soldering the circuit board on the actual Wii. With the Wlip, you'll not be soldering anywhere near the Wii, only the wires which connect to the Wlip and the modchip.

If you want a solder free solution, then you'll require an Integrated Circuit modchip eg. Wiinja, that will merely slot into the Wlip IC holder, making it a solder free solution.

I like this innovation by the Wlip team as I think it will lessen fears in the normal gamer who hasn't soldered before, into taking the plunge and chipping their console.

wiithepeople

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Kiljaedan, Woohoo! So there are modchips that require no solder! Happy for the soldernoob
smile.gif

Can you tell me if the Cyclowiz is Integrated Circuit modchip? Help is much appreciated
smile.gif

Overkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I spoke to the Wlip people about the D2C version, they just said they are working on it
cool.gif

I've been looking for a 100-pin PLCC IC Socket (I think that's the size of the Wii D2C controller chip); I'd like to see if it could be modified to fit over the D2C controller chip. Has anyone else tried this?

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just emailed them about the same thing earlier today. Same reply
tongue.gif
You beat me to it.

D2C can be completely done this way. I look forward to a D2C wlip

rickshaw888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad it won't be out until "before Christmas". Can't wait to get this one. I am very bad with soldering. Did my xbox before and it worked but it was a scary process!

One question, I am thinking of getting the CycloWiz mod chip and was wondering if any can tell me if I will be able to install the on/off switch without soldering the thing to the Wii's drive board (looking at the CycloWiz instructions)? I hope everything can be soldered to out going ribbon of the Wlip. BTW, I have the early version of the Wii console.

Any idea?

Thanks,

loresfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would still have to solder the D2CKey to the WLIP.

If I had a shop selling mod chips, I'd solder wlip onto different modchips and sell them combined.

we might see this happening in the near future!

I am a solder noob and i manged to install 2 wiikey's. Now if we still need to solder the wlip to the d2c chip i wouldn't mind. In fact, I'd think it would be an enjoyable experience to solder 30 wires to the wlip lol...

bow.gif
wlip greatest thing ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: