Hacking Without any mods , My wii plays backup!

How is that?

• Nonsense!

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Hardmod

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Normal

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
so this always kept me wondering , I got my Wii on the release date from a retail on November.
However , the first thing I did was play some games , and because the discs were expensive , I made a backup of them , then I burnt the backup and tried to play it , and it worked! No homebrew application was installed , no wii mods were applied , no soft-mod , and the wii version was 3.x J , the Wii easily played the backups without me modding anything , how is that?

thanks!

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Wii was from 2006 , and I did that in 2006 , how come my wii played the backup without any mods! What does 2012 have to do with that? Also you are 1 year late bro , we are in 2013 now!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
my Wii was from 2006 , and I did that in 2006 , how come my wii played the backup without any mods! What does 2012 have to do with that? Also you are 1 year late bro , we are in 2013 now!
Because that's when Casper was released. Unless you had a hardmod, there is no way you played backups without installing some form of custom software/firmware.

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it is modchip , because I called the retailer just now , and they said that all of the Wii consoles they have are pre-modded , to support piracy.
Admins/GMs can now lock this thread.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you were able to play back-ups on a wii that was on firmware 3.x J in 2006........when 3.0 didn't even come out till nearly a year later? And now seeing that you posted again while I was writing this, that post would make more logical sense.

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming to think of it , I've never seen my Wii under 3.x , and I remember that I got it on November , then that makes me dumb for mistaking 2007 for 2006 , that means I got it a year later.
The reason I was mistaken is because I tracked back the first Total Play Time message and found out it was in november 2006 , maybe the time wasn't set correctly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe it is modchip , because I called the retailer just now , and they said that all of the Wii consoles they have are pre-modded , to support piracy.
Admins/GMs can now lock this thread.
And they don't tell people about that? Seems shady.
Not everyone wants to play pirated games or have their warranty voided out of the box...

Coming to think of it , I've never seen my Wii under 3.x , and I remember that I got it on November , then that makes me dumb for mistaking 2007 for 2006 , that means I got it a year later.
The reason I was mistaken is because I tracked back the first Total Play Time message and found out it was in november 2006 , maybe the time wasn't set correctly.
That's probably when they tested the Wii after modding it, since they can't really sell a modded console without knowing if it works.

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't run I have AnyRegionChanger that I run through BannerBomb , it specify Wii Region U , Game Play Version , J , Installed Version , 4.1U

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry , I added "Can't Run" by mistake, here's the sentence
I have AnyRegionChanger that I run through BannerBomb , it specify Wii Region U , Game Play Version , J , Installed Version , 4.1U

Thats what I last recall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E