Gaming With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just a straight up yes or no question and no BS.

I honestly don't know how to feel. Sure, we get 20 free games but I don't really play NES games and I beat pretty much all those GBA games already. The GBA games are a welcome addition though especially with Metroid Fusion which gives me to replay it for the millionth time. I think it's pretty cool we get the games early plus have access to games that might not even get released to the general public but that just makes me wonder about the 3DS' future. Will there even be a full GBA VC library? or are 3DS stuck with waiting for one GB/GBC VC game per week? It seems really weak just sticking to the GB/GBC games in my opinion as I do want to play some old GBA games again. Also, where's my CONSOLE VC games considering PSP can play PS1 games console VC games should be a no brainer.

There is a bright side to this. Since I'm sure this price drop was in direct correlation to Vita's %250 price, maybe we can see a stronger implementation of internet features such as messaging of friends and such? Eh, here's hoping that it'll actually happen.

I did put in over 100+ hours on my 3DS already so I guess that's a plus, right?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, sold mine a few weeks ago. XD That sucks for people that bought it for full price, and want to get rid of theirs.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
I regret buying the 3DS, even without taking the price drop in consideration.
Same here. With only a choice few games (AKA LoZ) to choose from during the summer months I really wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

Still when I saw the announcement of the price cut, I couldn't help but feel a little screwed. I don't really like NES games and have already played most of the GBA games on the list (so far) so I don't think the compensation will be enough to amount to the extra $90.

But maybe that's just me

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't, getting FREE games soon for buying it early so
tongue.gif

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, they're doing the Ambassador program for the 3DS too, if you log on to eShop before the price cut, you'll be marked as an Ambassador and will have 20 VC games for free on the eShop (10 NES and 10 GBA). If the 20 free games are available here in Brazil, then perhaps it's worth the extra I paid (having the console sooner + being entitled to the free games).
I just hope they don't screw this up for other countries (Europe has already been confirmed too, if I'm not mistaken.. although well, you know, apparently some Europe countries get things and others don't).

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I feel a bit robbed, to be honest. But then the 3DS is still lacking a truly must-buy title. Zelda's great, assuming you've never played it before. DOA comes close but the laggy online lets it down. The other games are almost all decent enough, but not worth buying the system for.

As for the free games, I couldn't possibly give any less of a fuck. It's a nice gesture but meaningless to me as I can quite easily play any of those games on my PSP. If Nintendo truly want my attention, they should do the following:

- Stop being retarded. They remake the Starfox multiplayer, make it look truly fantastic....then don't include online play. Starting to suspect their headquarters have been hit by some wierd space ray that replaced all their brains with shitty nappies.

- Keep their promises. Am I the only one that remembers they were meant to offer SNES classics in the E-Store? Distinct lack of Starwing, Mario All Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Jelly Boy, Super Metroid, F-Zero, so much greatness that would take them mere minutes to convert and upload. Seriously, all they need is to program a SNES emulator for the 3DS then charge us for the ROMs. Piece of piss to create, makes them a fortune, makes them look good. And yet they don't go for it. See aforementioned space ray.

- Stop remaking the same games over and over again. Yeah, OK. We get it. Ocarina of Time was a great game. Care to make a NEW game once in a while? Christ, if you're out of ideas then you can borrow some of mine if you like. I got bored and wrote a plot for a Starfox Wii game years ago. You're welcome to it if you pull your fingers from your rectal cavities.

- Make the E-store games a bit cheaper. No offence but NO downloadable title is worth the money they're charging for Shantae. Right now I can actually get Street Fighter cheaper than Shantae. That should NEVER happen.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
YES! I don't care about those free games because I can easily emulate those with my PC/PSP/etc...

Now I think I just wasted my money. Well, can't bring the past back XD

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Byronic Hero said:
Tanveer said:
I regret buying the 3DS, even without taking the price drop in consideration.
Same here. With only a choice few games (AKA LoZ) to choose from during the summer months I really wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

Still when I saw the announcement of the price cut, I couldn't help but feel a little screwed. I don't really like NES games and have already played most of the GBA games on the list (so far) so I don't think the compensation will be enough to amount to the extra $90.

But maybe that's just me
Classical games have a large fan base.
Even I used to play those GBC, GB, GBA, NES etc games.

But, these days I just feel so bored and out of it when playing those games. I know I am bound to get bashed.. but those arent and shoudnt be considered "standard" anymore.
So, those classic stuff arent really worth it...

I will still be looking around to see if I can get rid of the 3DS for around £150 lol..

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say if Nintendo really wants to give us a type of compensation, give us 90 bucks worth of DSi points, or CASH...

Yeah, lets go with cash.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't get why anyone can regret buying a 3DS early, I mean you weren't forced into buying it. Next time when you want to make a purchase, use your "brain" and do what it says.

I don't regret buying it, not only because I'm getting free games, it's also because I badly wanted it, it was a hearts desire to buy the 3DS early. And to date I still love playing on it. Even though I only play LoZ OoT on it.

Now see it as this, I bought a Wii last year and now there's barely any good game coming out in 1-2 months, but do I regret buying the Wii? No, because I chose to purchase it. I wasn't forced. In my life I've never regretted buying an electronic device. Never will.

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Blaze163 said:
As for the free games, I couldn't possibly give any less of a fuck. It's a nice gesture but meaningless to me as I can quite easily play any of those games on my PSP. If Nintendo truly want my attention, they should do the following:

You can play these on your PSP, but not legally, can you? =/
As unfair as it might seem, and even looking sort of like a scam (you buy LoZ on your NES, on NES classics for your GBA, on your Wii VC... now you have to buy again for the dust collecto.. ops, sorry, the 3DS, and they don't have a universal account so who knows if you'll need to buy it again for the Wii U.. if you're planning on getting one, that is), if you buy a game you're entitled to play this game in the system you bought it, and if you consider the legal side of this, it's the only way (or one of the few ways) of playing those games legally on a portable.
I also didn't bought Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong, Mario Land and others on the eShop, because I can play them in my PSP (and with much better settings and graphics), but I'm aware of the legal status of this and.. well, you know, having the game legally and all is sorta nice (albeit expensive), I can't help but feel a little guilty over that matter.
It seems unfair and that they're doing a poor job (and with the poor emulation and lack of customization, they probably are), but in reality they're on their right to do that.
I think it isn't much, too, but at least is something. Let's give them credit for that (and hope they don't screw this up, specially by not giving the games to other countries).

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a nintendo fan(boy xD) and I never regretted buying a console day one.
It was the same with GBA/Gamecube/DS/Wii.

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've paid zero attention to 3DS and had no interest in it probably because it looks exactly like the regular ds/dsl/dsi but as i was writing this post i checked the game play videos and it looks like regular PSP's quality lol

even with the price cut its not worth it. who cares if you can play old nes/gba games, you can emulate those on previous DSes or other handheld gaming consoles easily if you really wanted to play it "on the go".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE