Hacking With Smealum 3DS CFW, Can We Erased All 3DS OS & Build New Opensource OS For 3DS..?

XENODRAGONZORD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
my question....
1.with smealum 3ds cfw.....can we erased all nintendo 3ds firmware os.....and we build new free opensource os based from debian,gentoo,ubuntu touch,freebsd or other linux/bsd os ?

2.can we reverse engineering 3ds os........and build new os but still support to play homebrew,dsi & 3ds sofware & game cartridge................and no more region lock ?

3.about wii-u horse power.......what is max possible emulator for wii-u.............can we have ps2/dreamcast or psp emu on wii-u ?

sorry if my question & my languange is very bad.............

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You could with a lot of effort, but why you would want to is another story. You'd lose the ability to play games. Now if you mean as an app, again, you could but I don't see what you would gain.

2. Possibly.

3. My personal opinion is these would be a stretch. I could see a perfect n64 emu.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The answer to almost all your questions:
Possibly, but no one will be arsed to because it's WAY too much work.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys for this kind of questions just read smea's posts on twitter and what he writes on his blog.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. No, you can't sign the Firmware, so the 3DS won't run anything from NAND. You can boot into such a firmware/os from haxx, yes.
2. Possible, but that is much, much work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: