Hacking New boy with 3ds looking for help

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
LET TALK about my problem, dont hate me for what i wrote above, and help me if u can.

The N3dsxl have this version. For what i know i can break it free with the steel method. My version is 11.8.0-41. My question is. should or have to i upgrade it? is there a new firmware that i dont see in internet i could be a mistake? then break it free, no? or its k this firmware? follow a youtube video with all the paths and info: i show this one and this guy looks like he knows what is talking about, follow the basic that i saw looking around, maybe someone that know Spanish could refute me, maybe its not the ideal video. Once i have FBI, boot9strap and hombrew chanel. what is it left? what should i do to make it work with Japanese games or not get banned, in general which one are your advice to do. I´m quite new in Nintendo since Wii. And i´m a lover of handheld(mmm) consoles. For the rest, use PC (my way, my idea). I like Mario cart (the best game ever to play multi, i think, i miss it) and other similar funny games, could i play them online after it?

Tomorrow arrive my new 64 micro ds; since i read it works better and is more stable than superior capacity. So, tomorrow i will let it free. I´m interested in visual novel/puzzle games and a few other games from nintendo and a few from DS (do they look as bad as they say?), there is a way to play DS games, i show it can but looks no so great. Is there a hombrew o plugging to make better the resize imagen and color saturation that it usually cause? Could i play via ad hoc with ds games?

I just got a New nintendo 3ds xl, even if its a top ips panel and cost me 50e (Do u think it´s a big deal, or a pay too much?) i got quite unhappy to see the poor library this console had. I have 2 ps vita and its just soooo sosoooo superior, starting the building and quality of construction, mine ps vitas look and work as the first day, 8 year later, this one, N3dsxl, no, 1 year later, even being used twice. Much better games, more better games and is faster, look milles better (oled screen vs IPs), more adaptable, etc, better in all ways but that its other discussion, just throwing my thought, because i really thought it was better¡ for the sales, but i dont understand people, well i do, i would prefer a new Sony console that Nintendo.... Switch yea... ( Anyway i won´t buy any Sony staff after seen what they did with ps vita... but, because of the easier engine (support Unity), right now have more releases that this one)

Sorry for my English i know is awful and rushed.

Last edited by darkmolddd,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a New nintendo 3ds xl, even if its a top ips panel and cost me 50e (Do u think it´s a big deal, or a pay too much?) i got quite unhappy see the poor library this console had. I have 2 ps vita and its just soooo sosoooo superior, starting the contraction, mines look and work as the first day, 8 year later, this one, N3dsxl no, 1 year later, even look being used twice. Much better games, more better games and is faster, look milles better (oled screen vs IPs), more adaptable, etc, better in all ways but that its other discussion, just throwing my thought, because i really thought it was better¡ for the sales, but i dont understand people, well i do, i would prefer a new Sony console that nintendo.... Switch yea...

LET TALK about my problem, dont hate for what i wrote above.

The N3dsxl have this version. For what i know i can break it free with the steel method. My version is 11.8.0-41. My question is. should or have to i upgrade it? then follow a youtube video with all the paths and info: i show this one and this guy looks like he follow the basic that i saw looking around, maybe someone that know Spanish could refute me, maybe its not the ideal video. Once i have FBI, boot9strap and hombrew chanel. what is it left? what should i do to make it work with Japanese games or no get banned, in general which one are your advice. I´m quite new in Nintendo since Wii. And i´m a lover handle (mmm) console. For the rest, use PC (my way, my idea).

Tomorrow arrive my new 64 micro ds; since i read it works better and is more stable than superior capacity. So tomorrow i will let it as new. I´m interested in visual novel/puzzle games and a few other games from nintendo and a few from DS, there is a way to play DS games, i show it can but looks no so great. Is there a hombrew o plugging to make better the resize imagen and color saturation that it usually cause?

NEVER FOLLOW YOUTUBE GUIDES EVER!!!

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Video guides are often often outdated and/or badly made and/or fail explaining some steps in detail.

Just update to the latest (11.9) firmware and follow the "Frogminer" path of the guide. Assuming you already bought a DSiWare title or are willing to pay 2€ for one (European eShop does not have free DSiWare) you can also use the slightly easier and faster "Fredminer" method of the guide.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/es_ES/

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I just got a New nintendo 3ds xl, even if its a top ips panel and cost me 50e (Do u think it´s a big deal, or a pay too much?) i got quite unhappy to see the poor library this console had. I have 2 ps vita and its just soooo sosoooo superior, starting the building and quality of construction, mine ps vitas look and work as the first day, 8 year later, this one, N3dsxl, no, 1 year later, even being used twice. Much better games, more better games and is faster, look milles better (oled screen vs IPs), more adaptable, etc, better in all ways but that its other discussion, just throwing my thought, because i really thought it was better¡ for the sales, but i dont understand people, well i do, i would prefer a new Sony console that Nintendo.... Switch yea...

LET TALK about my problem, dont hate me for what i wrote above, and help me if u can.

The N3dsxl have this version. For what i know i can break it free with the steel method. My version is 11.8.0-41. My question is. should or have to i upgrade it? is there a new firmware that i dont see in internet i could be a mistake? then break it free, no? or its k this firmware? follow a youtube video with all the paths and info: i show this one and this guy looks like he knows what is talking about, follow the basic that i saw looking around, maybe someone that know Spanish could refute me, maybe its not the ideal video. Once i have FBI, boot9strap and hombrew chanel. what is it left? what should i do to make it work with Japanese games or not get banned, in general which one are your advice to do. I´m quite new in Nintendo since Wii. And i´m a lover of handheld(mmm) consoles. For the rest, use PC (my way, my idea).

Tomorrow arrive my new 64 micro ds; since i read it works better and is more stable than superior capacity. So tomorrow i will let it as new. I´m interested in visual novel/puzzle games and a few other games from nintendo and a few from DS, there is a way to play DS games, i show it can but looks no so great. Is there a hombrew o plugging to make better the resize imagen and color saturation that it usually cause?

I think that you forgot that there are paid games as well. 3DS has one of the biggest game library of all consoles ever (GB, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, DS, 3DS/2DS and other emulators). It is definitely the biggest game library for a handheld.
PS Vita is way worse in one major aspect. Support (for/of anything).
And dont follow video guides. All you need is: https://3ds.hacks.guide

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think that you forgot that there are paid games as well. 3DS has one of the biggest game library of all consoles ever (GB, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, DS, 3DS/2DS and other emulators). It is definitely the biggest game library for a handheld.
PS Vita is way worse in one major aspect. Support (for/of anything).
And dont follow video guides. All you need is: https://3ds.hacks.guide

I send my thoughts to the bottom, yea. There is other question that i dotn find a answer else where.

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Video guides are often often outdated and/or badly made and/or fail explaining some steps in detail.

Just update to the latest (11.9) firmware and follow the "Frogminer" path of the guide. Assuming you already bought a DSiWare title or are willing to pay 2€ for one (European eShop does not have free DSiWare) you can also use the slightly easier and faster "Fredminer" method of the guide.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/es_ES/

Thx usefull yea, looks really well explain there. So Frogminer is 100% free? Could u answer the online, ds doubt i have, please?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thx usefull yea, looks really well explain there. So Frogminer is 100% free? Could u answer the online, ds doubt i have, please?
CFW is totally safe unless you cheat or play games before release date. You can play any out of region games with CFW. DS games can be played with flashcard. Some can be played with TwiLight Menu (but game support is not the best).

Reactions: darkmolddd

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
*thread cleanup*

CFW is totally safe unless you cheat or play games before release date. You can play any out of region games with CFW. DS games can be played with flashcard. Some can be played with TwiLight Menu (but game support is not the best).

Thx poo. Using flashcard (R4 and similar, no?) or TwiLight Menu software (is it base in a nintendo tool? or just scene?) , are there difference in visual quality? can a play ad hoc?

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No need yo be offensive, and no i speak 8 language and just write fast and its hard to write for me in those languages in general, and i have rare writing style or prosaic or whatever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thx poo. Using flashcard (R4 and similar, no?) or TwiLight Menu software (is it base in a nintendo tool? or just scene?) , are there difference in visual quality? can a play ad hoc?
Any DS flashcard (R4 flasshcarts). TwiLight Menu is definitely not based on anything made by nintendo. No differences, just most games don't work with TwiLight Menu. All should work with flashcart.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Any DS flashcard (R4 flasshcarts). TwiLight Menu is definitely not based on anything made by nintendo. No differences, just most games don't work with TwiLight Menu. All should work with flashcart.
Most games DO work with TWiLightMenu++, not sure what you're talking about. There are really only a handful of games that aren't working.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should i upgrade the firmware before or after start all the process?
Update before starting. For accessing the eShop you have to be on the latest firmware anyway.

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Update before starting. For accessing the eShop you have to be on the latest firmware anyway.

One last thing, i already break it free ¡, it took me almost 1 hour or 2. But its just this piece of shit of hardware this console have that piss me of, there are scanlines for all over the top screen, making it practically unplayable, is it normal?? how could so many people accept that and pay for that? i would never buy that excrement console if i would know that before... are there anyway to fix this 40 years archaic technology?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One last thing, i already break it free ¡, it took me almost 1 hour or 2. But its just this piece of shit of hardware this console have that piss me of, there are scanlines for all over the top screen, making it practically unplayable, is it normal?? how could so many people accept that? i would never buy that excrement console if i would know that before...
This is an optical illusion when the 3DS effect is turned off. It cannot be seen on 2DS systems.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/scanlines.520962/

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
One last thing, i already break it free ¡, it took me almost 1 hour or 2. But its just this piece of shit of hardware this console have that piss me of, there are scanlines for all over the top screen, making it practically unplayable, is it normal?? how could so many people accept that and pay for that? i would never buy that excrement console if i would know that before... are there anyway to fix this 40 years archaic technology?
I just have to laugh. Xd
You seem to hate everything about the system, just because you don't know/understand that that's how it is.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

darkmolddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is an optical illusion when the 3DS effect is turned off. It cannot be seen on 2DS systems.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/scanlines.520962/

So is it a widely spread and common problem? is it more remarkable in IPS panels? i found out that depending, sometimes when pass from 3ds to 2ds, there are lower pixel (sharp border everywhere) density and other times its just this optical illusion.

One more question if u can, is there a program or pluging like flux to reduce blue light?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So is it a widely spread and common problem? is it more remarkable in IPS panels? i found out that depending, sometimes when pass from 3ds to 2ds, there are lower pixel (sharp border everywhere) density and other times its just this optical illusion.
It's not a problem/issue. That's just how the glasses stereoscopic 3D works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)